Hahn on 670 Tonight

Sockin

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If anyone on Twitter can send something to Larry Holmes, he needs to ask Hahn about KWs comment of it not being feasible to guarantee $300 million. How could they consider their pursuit serious if that was a deal breaker considering where most thought their market would be from the gst go.

And while yer at it, ask him why he bothered sending Jim Thome down to Las Vegas in November to speak to Harper, and why they bothered with all of that fancy Bryce Harper production at the United Center, when Harper had already turned down a 10 year, $300 million dollar offer from the Nats at the end of the season.  Did they think he would somehow accept less than the Nats' offer?  I mean, c'mon.   Wtf.  

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Who cares if someone is tough on Hahn. It isn't going to make a bit of difference. 

no but hahn has one of the best jobs in the world and he's done terribly so i'm glad someone will have him feel bad about it. "I know, personally, i'm in this position when someone like bmags has had great opinions and truly excellent posts this offseason and could do well, that...that's tough on me"

1 minute ago, Fan O'Faust said:

And while yer at it, ask him why he bothered sending Jim Thome down to Las Vegas in November to speak to Harper, and why they bothered with all of that fancy Bryce Harper production at the United Center, when Harper had already turned down a 10 year, $300 million dollar offer from the Nats at the end of the season.  Did they think he would somehow accept less than the Nats' offer?  I mean, c'mon.   Wtf.  

And that is the most damning indictment of just how shitty this front office is

1 minute ago, bmags said:

no but hahn has one of the best jobs in the world and he's done terribly so i'm glad someone will have him feel bad about it. "I know, personally, i'm in this position when someone like bmags has had great opinions and truly excellent posts this offseason and could do well, that...that's tough on me"

Yeah, I am sure he cares too.

38 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

"We worked tirelessly, but sometimes it doesn't work out."

"I'm proud of our efforts."

"We like the guys we have this year."

"We will continue to pursue premium talent in free agency."

There, now no one needs to waste their time listening.

This is much better than anything he’s said the last 2 days.

38 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If anyone on Twitter can send something to Larry Holmes, he needs to ask Hahn about KWs comment of it not being feasible to guarantee $300 million. How could they consider their pursuit serious if that was a deal breaker considering where most thought their market would be from the gst go.

Lawrence Holmes is awful and kisses the asses of all of his guests.  He does not ask tough questions.

Danny Parkins is the best and has no shame in challenging a guest with all the tough questions — see John Paxson podcast from a couple weeks ago.

Edited by Harper2Sox

51 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

"We worked tirelessly, but sometimes it doesn't work out."

"I'm proud of our efforts."

"We like the guys we have this year."

"We will continue to pursue premium talent in free agency."

There, now no one needs to waste their time listening.

you forgot " ahhhuhhhhh" 

7 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

So what should upset fans do to voice their anger about the direction of their favorite baseball team in your opinion?

Probably stop giving the team/owner money. That's really the only way to properly "voice" your displeasure. However, the team gets so much money from revenue sharing, MLB Adavanced Media, etc... "fan money" is such a small drop in the bucket that it doesn't even matter......