Hahn on 670 Tonight

Sockin

Rick is embarrassing himself this is comical, if it was not the Sox philosophy. This is not 1986. Jerry sell and let’s get someone who wants a winner. Every guy but Nova was a complete waste acquiring, Rick you failed miserably. 

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, black jack said:

Sigh.

I'm slowly realizing that I just don't care anymore.  I'll tune in every once in awhile for an inning or two, but until my son asks me to go to a game (little dude has ZERO interest in sports), i'll never go to the stadium again.

Watched maybe 10 games last year and two or three radio

got better shit to do than to watch 3 more years of clown car derby, I get too emotionally invested in sports and it isnt good for me

LOL people around the league are laughing at us, or worse they just feel sorry for us. No one thinks things are looking up. Half the cornerstone prospects for our rebuild don't look nearly as good as they did a year ago. And on top of that we still can't draft or develop guys and we don't really have anyone left to trade so we are basically stuck where we are.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Soxfest said:

Rick is embarrassing himself this is comical if it was not the Sox philosophy. This is not 1986. Jerry sell and let’s get someone who wants a winner.

Jerry isn't going to sell because he is too cheap to pay taxes on the sale. He is going to make us suffer until he dies while also depriving the government of necessary tax dollars so his children can have a few extra million dollars to add to their billion dollar bank accounts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Which is complete bullshit. Hahn knew what it would take and Jerry didn't go there. The execs of these teams always back the Chairman. It's bullshit - it was clearly Jerry who didn't want to spend the asking price. 

And it's the General Manager's job to work with ownership on that one. Ownership never wants to spend. Rick Hahn's job is to make ownership understand why this is the right move even if it's money they don't want to spend.

One example of that behavior - AJ Preller. Because it's literally exactly what he did. To the letter. A better general manager did not let his owner tell him no to a player he needed, that's why he's a better general manager. 

• Love 1