Spring Training Thread

ron883

On 2/25/2019 at 9:03 AM, Wanne said:

yeah...that sun popped out yesterday and I was hot.  First time ever NOT wearing shorts to a spring training game... since it was a tad cool at my house. Got to the park and the sun came out and I was hot. Burned the shit out of my face too!  Remember that sunscreen!!!!!

I prefer the Ranger stadium in Surprise. My first ST game was at the Peoria stadium and it was wet and like 58,  I felt like a Bears-Packers game was gonna break out.  My neck hurt for 3 days from those seats.   My ST experiences are not the best and it doesn't bother me if I ever go.  I love the Fall League at the Ranch.   

5 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

I prefer the Ranger stadium in Surprise. My first ST game was at the Peoria stadium and it was wet and like 58,  I felt like a Bears-Packers game was gonna break out.  My neck hurt for 3 days from those seats.   My ST experiences are not the best and it doesn't bother me if I ever go.  I love the Fall League at the Ranch.   

Shoulda been this week...weather was perfect! The Ranch during the week is awesome...show up...grab a beer and Chicago dog...sit anywhere. I had a slow work week...so I've seen 3 games this week already. Buddy has a ticket for me for Sox/Cubs Sunday in Mesa...but don't think I want to deal with that shit show.

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I'm looking for comments on Moncada's play at third base so far.  How does he look so far?

Pretty good. Arm strength is solid, and he has made a couple nice reactionary plays, one great one that bounced off the pitchers glove. Time will tell, but with a lack of 3B prospects...he will get 2 solid years to prove himself there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

In Sun times run down, mentioned Adolfo hit a homer in his first at bat, then homered in his fourth at bat in an intraday after game.

Im excited to have Micker back.

I watched a lot of Winston Salem games last year via the MILB app and he was very impressive.  He was actually fairly selective and the power is insane.  He has a chance to be a special offensive player if the plate discipline continues to improve.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think the others are better. I have to see him in the high minors first. Not sold. 

Makes sense. I’ve always been high on him, but he does need to prove it in AA this year. 

And we could actually have a scenario in the future where 5 of our outfield prospects are starting (LF, CF, RF, DH, 1B).