Spring Training Thread

ron883

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I wonder where she read that?

What a stupid post anyway. I'll just blame pregnancy hormones.

Ashley, why would the Sox sign Rodon to an extension before he stays healthy and performs well for at least 1 year?

And where did she read that? Why is she responding to some random person on the internet? My lord.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

20 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lol Engel is the outfield version (although much less hyped) of giolito. He's even worse though. Engel will change his stance mid game. I appreciate that he's trying at least but it wont get him anywhere I dont think.

Engel's new stance has been voted the top spring training story (so far). 

23 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Well I think the daughter will need "dads money" for at least the first 16 years of her life.

Carlos has earned 10 million$ + in his career so far. I imagine they'll have enough to get the kid fed, clothed, sheltered and educated even if his

arm fell off tomorrow. The poor kid might have to go to JUCO the first 2 years of college though.

1 hour ago, zisk said:

Carlos has earned 10 million$ + in his career so far. I imagine they'll have enough to get the kid fed, clothed, sheltered and educated even if his

arm fell off tomorrow. The poor kid might have to go to JUCO the first 2 years of college though.

That would still be dad's money. I am not sure what Ashley Rodon does if anything for a living but her comment is flawed. 

I like Engel's new swing.  He actually has some rhythm and timing now.  Before he was simply playing defense at the plate fighting off pitches right down the middle.  Now he actually has an approach and seems to have a swing that matches it.  I've always liked him so I'm pulling for him and hope he can make this work.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Has there been a Burdi sighting this spring ? He pitched in the fall league a few innings before being shut down. Shouldn't he be ready to go ?

They didn’t want him, Dunning, or Hansen in major league camp, so I’m guessing we won’t be seeing much of them.

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

They didn’t want him, Dunning, or Hansen in major league camp, so I’m guessing we won’t be seeing much of them.

Dunning I understand  because at least we have heard about his continuing arm troubles and re examination of it . Have we heard anything about Burdi's or Hansens's health ?

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Dunning I understand  because at least we have heard about his continuing arm troubles and re examination of it . Have we heard anything about Burdi's or Hansens's health ?

Sounds like Burdi is completely heathy, still unsure where his stuff is at though.  Hansen has been a ghost as of late.  He had some sort of arm or shoulder soreness earlier in camp, but haven’t heard a lick since.

On 3/9/2019 at 1:44 PM, zisk said:

Never a good idea for a spouse to respond to the most idiotic Hot Take out there. A millionaire signing an extension out of fear because they're having a baby like he's some kind of poorly paid and in danger of being laid off factory worker or on welfare. Then actually responding to what she read like the Sox would ever even consider that kind of game.