Why Preller >>> Hahn

caulfield12

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

Hell, the Diamondbacks drafted Kinsler twice and still whiffed on him 16 different times when the Rangers took him in the 17th round. Those idiots! 

And yet some teams somehow manage to get Nolas, Buehlers, Trouts, Benintendis, Tucker’s and Kinslers....and the White Sox get loyalty rewards from management.

Players from the Midwest and Northeast just don’t get scouted as well and certainly not as frequently.

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Didnt sign tatis and urias has proven nothing yet. The greatest Latin American mind in the game as caulfield says has literally no one to name.

You're asking a loaded question. Now I am ignorant on Preller's international signings and quite frankly have done only a small amount of research on SD Padres int'l. signings  But if we are talking about basically  signing 16/17 year olds. They do take a while to reach the major leagues . And I assume it might be hard to pin down exactly who he recommended in his Ranger days since he wasn't a GM then.

Since you only asked for huge stars or proven talent you already knew the answer might come up empty since development time takes a while and Preller's time as a GM with SD started in August of 2014.

I didn't see any top 30 int'l prospects on the MLB Pipeline list for 2018 and 2017 that SD got. I believe those lists were for judging the talent before they got signed . I do see that in 2016 SD signed 7 of the top 30. I have no idea how those guys are doing so far.

SO basically for the 4/5 years since August 2014 I don't see many  LATAM talent that has reached the majors for any team. Juan Soto made it last year. Maybe I don't recognize other names.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

And yet some teams somehow manage to get Nolas, Buehlers, Trouts, Benintendis, Tucker’s and Kinslers....and the White Sox get loyalty rewards from management.

Players from the Midwest and Northeast just don’t get scouted as well and certainly not as frequently.

Why did you quote me? This post has nothing to do with mine. 

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're asking a loaded question. Now I am ignorant on Preller's international signings and quite frankly have done only a small amount of research on SD Padres int'l. signings  But if we are talking about basically  signing 16/17 year olds. They do take a while to reach the major leagues . And I assume it might be hard to pin down exactly who he recommended in his Ranger days since he wasn't a GM then.

Since you only asked for huge stars or proven talent you already knew the answer might come up empty since development time takes a while and Preller's time as a GM with SD started in August of 2014.

I didn't see any top 30 int'l prospects on the MLB Pipeline list for 2018 and 2017 that SD got. I believe those lists were for judging the talent before they got signed . I do see that in 2016 SD signed 7 of the top 30. I have no idea how those guys are doing so far.

SO basically for the 4/5 years since August 2014 I don't see many  LATAM talent that has reached the majors for any team. Juan Soto made it last year. Maybe I don't recognize other names.

Some didnt light the world on fire as players, but darvish, profar, leonys martin and martin perez all were credited to preller. Profar, martin and perez were all top prospects at one point in time.

7 hours ago, JoshPR said:

That's been the thing I hate most about the sox. Scouting and development has sucked for a long time. And drafting has too. JR never has wanted to spend on draft picks. I think the sox overall problem has been ownership group. I'm not defending Hahn but its hard to convince a guy stubborn as a mule.... 

He doesn’t want to spend on draft picks, he doesn’t want to spend on premium free agents.  Is there anything he does want to spend his considerable wealth on to make the White Sox a winning organization?

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Some didnt light the world on fire as players, but darvish, profar, leonys martin and martin perez all were credited to preller. Profar, martin and perez were all top prospects at one point in time.

My main point was it was a loaded question to make his point stronger and those saying Preller was a good judge on int'l talent look bad .The small amount of research I did was to just illustrate the point that not enough time has passed for any GM to have any proven talent from August 2014 to present. I think that's only 4 years of int'l signings from 2015 to 2018.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

My main point was it was a loaded question to make his point stronger and those saying Preller was a good judge on int'l talent look bad .The small amount of research I did was to just illustrate the point that not enough time has passed for any GM to have any proven talent from August 2014 to present. I think that's only 4 years of int'l signings from 2015 to 2018.

Yeah and their big class was 2016.