2019 ZiPS Projections

ChiliIrishHammock24

The thing that I don't like about this projection is they don't really expect anyone to get BETTER. 

Once we get the full breakdown tomorrow I will go position by position, but even our young guys, Moncada, Anderson, Lopez, Palka, Engel, Yolmer, all regressing in 2019  (Moncada stays at 2.0 WAR).

Rodon is the only guy who sees a bounce back year, but it still on puts him back where he was in 2016, it still doesn't make him a viable #1 or even #2 starter in a good rotation. 

• 7 months later...
18 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

He's at 3.7 now, so he'd have to have a helluva last 3 games. Need a couple of dingers and at least 6 or 7 hits.

I was looking at baseball reference. His WAR would be so much better if he didn't have the defensive lapses he does.

2 hours ago, lostfan said:

I was looking at baseball reference. His WAR would be so much better if he didn't have the defensive lapses he does.

IMO, that's what we'll see next season. Much better defense, and offense with slight regression but still very good (maybe 115-120 wRC+). 5 WAR. 

Edited by Jose Abreu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

IMO, that's what we'll see next season. Much better defense and offense with slight regression but still very good (maybe 115-120 wRC+). 5 WAR. 

He's capable of doing it, he's loaded with physical ability. He reminds me of Alexei Ramirez, he can make the most difficult plays but then he has an inexplicable brain fart on a routine play.