Sign in to follow this  
ChiliIrishHammock24

2019 ZiPS Projections

The thing that I don't like about this projection is they don't really expect anyone to get BETTER. 

Once we get the full breakdown tomorrow I will go position by position, but even our young guys, Moncada, Anderson, Lopez, Palka, Engel, Yolmer, all regressing in 2019  (Moncada stays at 2.0 WAR).

Rodon is the only guy who sees a bounce back year, but it still on puts him back where he was in 2016, it still doesn't make him a viable #1 or even #2 starter in a good rotation. 

5 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think Anderson is going to destroy that number. Tim goes 3.5+ WAR this year.

We need him, or Eloy, or Giolito or Lopez to give us something like a 3.5+ WAR for sure. We need more all-star caliber players if we aren't going to try for superstars. 

On 2/23/2019 at 12:08 AM, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

We need him, or Eloy, or Giolito or Lopez to give us something like a 3.5+ WAR for sure. We need more all-star caliber players if we aren't going to try for superstars. 

Or how about both Anderson AND Giolito. 😎

Oh, and Moncada at a 5+ fWAR. 

On 2/22/2019 at 8:04 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think Anderson is going to destroy that number. Tim goes 3.5+ WAR this year.

How about 4.0

18 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

He's at 3.7 now, so he'd have to have a helluva last 3 games. Need a couple of dingers and at least 6 or 7 hits.

I can see him selling out a bit for the bombs. He's nearing another 20/20 season.

8 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

He's at 3.7 now, so he'd have to have a helluva last 3 games. Need a couple of dingers and at least 6 or 7 hits.

He's at 4.0bWAR and 4.4fWAR

4 hours ago, ChiSox1917 said:

He's at 4.0bWAR and 4.4fWAR

Anderson is at 3.7 fWAR, Fangraphs is just glitching today. 

18 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I was looking at baseball reference. His WAR would be so much better if he didn't have the defensive lapses he does.

2 hours ago, lostfan said:

I was looking at baseball reference. His WAR would be so much better if he didn't have the defensive lapses he does.

IMO, that's what we'll see next season. Much better defense, and offense with slight regression but still very good (maybe 115-120 wRC+). 5 WAR. 

Edited by Jose Abreu
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

IMO, that's what we'll see next season. Much better defense and offense with slight regression but still very good (maybe 115-120 wRC+). 5 WAR. 

He's capable of doing it, he's loaded with physical ability. He reminds me of Alexei Ramirez, he can make the most difficult plays but then he has an inexplicable brain fart on a routine play.

3 hours ago, lostfan said:

He reminds me of Alexei Ramirez, he can make the most difficult plays but then he has an inexplicable brain fart on a routine play.

I get what you're saying but Alexei was three times the defender all in all.