CarGo anyone?

Brian

Pretty weird to me that people are worried about winning 70 games instead of 65...no need to even look at these mediocre vets, they aren’t helping anything.

I say lose as many games as humanly possible, setting the record for losses would be my goal. Embarrass the FO and hope for change...+ having the #1 overall pick seems like the only way we’ll ever have a shot at getting a true impact bat 

Edited by TheFutureIsNear
  • Like 1

Boom, I've been calling this since we've signed Machado that they will get CarGo.

"We've coveted Carlos for a long period of time, and are excited to add him to the 40 man roster.  He will help mentor our young players and help build this roster into winning multiple championships."

• Haha 2

Just now, Soxnfins said:

Boom, I've been calling this since we've signed Machado that they will get CarGo.

"We've coveted Carlos for a long period of time, and are excited to add him to the 40 man roster.  He will help mentor our young players and help build this roster into winning multiple championships."

I can picture it perfectly.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Pretty weird to me that people are worried about winning 70 games instead of 65...no need to even look at these mediocre vets, they aren’t helping anything.

I say lose as many games as humanly possible, setting the record for losses would be my goal. Embarrass the FO and hope for change...+ having the #1 overall pick seems like the only way we’ll ever have a shot at getting a true impact bat 

Yep. 2019 is obviously another tank year. 2020 most likely as well. 

Let Palka and Delmonico get at bats in the outfield. Cargo serves no purpose on a tanking team. 

Just now, soxfan2014 said:

I can picture it perfectly.

"We believe that he fits into the timeline of building a roster that will hopefully, uhhhhh, win multiple championships.  He is an ideal candidate to help our younger players accelerate their timeline and provide a presence that can, uhhhhh, help our ballclub."

2 minutes ago, Soxnfins said:

"We believe that he fits into the timeline of building a roster that will hopefully, uhhhhh, win multiple championships.  He is an ideal candidate to help our younger players accelerate their timeline and provide a presence that can, uhhhhh, help our ballclub."

Your heart’s not in it anymore, Mr. Hahn.

30 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

I felt like this before when I was pissed off at the team, but losing 100 games just to embarrass the front office is wildly counterproductive. To lose 100 games, Anderson, Moncada, Eloy, Lopez, Giolito... everybody would have to suck bad, and that’s not good for any of us. 

Hard pass.  At this point, roll with with marginal young guys we have.  The only position player FAs I have any interest in are Harper (not happening) and Marwin.  But even Marwin seems unecessary at this point.  Let Palka, Delmonico, Engel, Cordell and Leury get the OF at bats that aren't going to Eloy.  Trade Jon Jay as soon as humanly possible.