Sox signing Ervin Santana (pending physical) to milb deal per WSD

Sleepy Harold

• bmags pinned this topic
Just now, bmags said:

There are going to be some pretty good talent available on minor league deals this year.

Wading through all of this, this is the most important thing here.  Who knows, if they can turn Santana into a fifth starter and get anything for him at the break, they will have won.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Wading through all of this, this is the most important thing here.  Who knows, if they can turn Santana into a fifth starter and get anything for him at the break, they will have won.

Yes. This is pure flip. Santana is going to the Sox because that's his best shot at getting innings. He knows he will wind up with some sort of contender if he pitches well enough.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Yes. This is pure flip. Santana is going to the Sox because that's his best shot at getting innings. He knows he will wind up with some sort of contender if he pitches well enough.

Normally I'd be annoyed because I'd expect this guy to get innings even if he's not pitching well enough to deserve them and I think that Covey/the other young guys have an outside chance of developing into something more valuable than what you'd get for a worn out Ervin Santana at the deadline and should be given every opportunity to see if they can turn into something...

But you know what? I really don't care. Hell go sign CarGo. Why not.