Sox signing Ervin Santana (pending physical) to milb deal per WSD

Sleepy Harold

The White Sox are penny wise and dollar dumb.

This is just such a typical White Sox move. This front office reminds me of my father in-law, who travels around the Chicago suburbs in a big van, to and from various yard sales and estate sales, buying other people's garbage hoping to sell it a few months later on his amazon store. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

No problem with this.  If he's healthy he'll most likely be part of the team when the season starts.  If it means fewer Covey sightings, that's a good thing.

I rather have covey. In a rebuild year it doesn't matter. People forget it took Alex Fernandez 3 season to become good. Covey got the stuff... Is he ever gonna put it together don't know but in a rebuild year in willing to see

24 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Are the innings not better spent on say giving Stephens and Guerrero a good long look?  Or even Covey one last try at this? 

The Sox don't view Stephen's or Guerrero as anything and neither does MLB. Otherwise they would have been protected in the Rule 5 draft and/or someone would have picked them as high MiLB pitchers.