White Sox All-Washed Up Team

Peacock Wrestler

30 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

I can see the argument for Frazier, but not Dunn.  You can't go from batting around .250 for most of your career then bat .220 for the rest of your career without regressing. 

Dude making an All-Star team renders your point void.

Disappointing? Yes. Regressed? Yes.

But he had a good enough OBP and power to not be completely washed up.

27 minutes ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

The only thing Dunn had going for him that year was home runs.  He was 76th in the league for OBP.   He barely broke 200

I mean, the only thing I need to tell me you're not going to relent on this is that you're not putting the far more disastrous, under performing and destructive Adam from the Nationals that was a DH on there.

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

I mean, the only thing I need to tell me you're not going to relent on this is that you're not putting the far more disastrous, under performing and destructive Adam from the Nationals that was a DH on there.

I agree Adam LaRoache was worse on the Sox, but I based the list off the players best prime years.  Even though LaRoache was worse for the Sox, Dunn had the better career so he made the list.   That's also why I put Frazier on, even though admittedly he was a reach. 

Cory Snyder and Steve Sax

Omar Vizquel and Roberto Remember the Alomar

Ellis Burks 

Mike Devereaux 

Alomar Jr. too many times to count

Manny Ramirez

Dale Sveum

Billy Joe Robidoux

Shawn Lil Abner 

McKay Christensen

Bartolo Colon

James Shields 

Royce Clayton

Derek Holland 

Mat Latos

Edited by caulfield12

In 1925, 41 year old future HOFer Chief Bender broke an eight year retirement to throw one inning for the White Sox, in which he walked a guy and then gave up a homerun. He never played in MLB again.

I'd say I win, but we've had a habit of acquiring well over-the-hill legends long before Jerry Reinsdorf showed up. Sad!