White Sox All-Washed Up Team

Peacock Wrestler

Red Ruffing is another one. As a 42 year old, in the final stop of an HOF career, he put up a 6.11 ERA in 53 IP.

Famous Cub Johnny Evers went hitless in 3 ABs at the age of 40 in 1922.

Larry Doby's second tour with us was, umm...bad. .560 OPS in 21 games. His first time was shit hot though.

George Davis played the last six years of his career in Chicago from 1904-1909. He never broke a .700 OPS with us, but in the earlier years with the NY Giants which launched him into the HOF, his cumulative OPS was .860.

4 hours ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

I can see the argument for Frazier, but not Dunn.  You can't go from batting around .250 for most of your career then bat .220 for the rest of your career without regressing. 

Dunn ran into the phenom of bullpen guys throwing in the mid-90's. It was not like that when he started. 

27 minutes ago, pcq said:

Dunn ran into the phenom of bullpen guys throwing in the mid-90's. It was not like that when he started. 

It was a lot more than that, especially in his first year. There were some major physical issues with him, maybe some emotional ones, and that had to be part of why his numbers were never the same again. You don't put up one of the worst offensive seasons in MLB history because relievers threw a little harder than the year before. 

27 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

It was a lot more than that, especially in his first year. There were some major physical issues with him, maybe some emotional ones, and that had to be part of why his numbers were never the same again. You don't put up one of the worst offensive seasons in MLB history because relievers threw a little harder than the year before. 

Wasn’t it something like appendicitis, or his kid’s health...or those were separate years?   He went from 900+ to mid 500’s and NY Times headlines about the historicity of his ineptitude.

12 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Tom Seaver

Seaver pitched around 2.5 years with the Sox .Won his 300th game with us and his 1st 2 years were good even though he was 39 and 40.

For his 300th  he pitched a complete game  in Yankees Stadium and the Sox won 4-1 in front of 54,000 fans including   Commissioner Peter Ueberroth and Richard Nixon. He pitched out of jams in the 8th and 9th with the Yankee crowd chanting "Seaver Seaver Seaver".With the final out he lept into Carlton Fisk's arms. The 4-1 scored matched his uniform number 41.

At 39 he pitched 236.3 innings and at 40 238.2. His record in those years was a combined 31-22 His WHIP's and FIP's were both solid.

That was a great game.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Seaver pitched around 2.5 years with the Sox .Won his 300th game with us and his 1st 2 years were good even though he was 39 and 40.

For his 300th  he pitched a complete game  in Yankees Stadium and the Sox won 4-1 in front of 54,000 fans including   Commissioner Peter Ueberroth and Richard Nixon. He pitched out of jams in the 8th and 9th with the Yankee crowd chanting "Seaver Seaver Seaver".With the final out he lept into Carlton Fisk's arms. The 4-1 scored matched his uniform number 41.

At 39 he pitched 236.3 innings and at 40 238.2. His record in those years was a combined 31-22 His WHIP's and FIP's were both solid.

That was a great game.

Surreal to see Hermie, Ozzie, Leyland, LaRussa....as soon as I saw Joe Brinkman, Hawk’s voice came immediately into my head.

15 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Cory Snyder and Steve Sax

Omar Vizquel and Roberto Remember the Alomar

Ellis Burks 

Mike Devereaux 

Alomar Jr. too many times to count

Manny Ramirez

Dale Sveum

Billy Joe Robidoux

Shawn Lil Abner 

McKay Christensen

Bartolo Colon

James Shields 

Royce Clayton

Derek Holland 

Mat Latos

I forgot a couple of those names.  Maybe Dale Sveum can be their next manager.

20 hours ago, Peacock Wrestler said:

Even though Santana is only a year removed from a decent season, I can't help to think that the Sox FO loves getting older, washed up veterans.  Imagine all these guys in their primes:

C- Sandy Alomar Jr.

1B- Adam Dunn or Justin Morneau

2B- Roberto Alomar

SS- Jimmy Rollins

3B- Todd Frazier

LF- Manny Ramirez

CF- Ken Griffey Jr.

RF- Jose Canseco

SP- Ervin Santana

Bench- Melky Cabrera

Bench-Kevin Youkilis

Bench: Kenny Lofton

Feel free to add more.  These are just the names off the top of my head.  

I'd have to take melke off your list and add Darren Erstad instead.