2/23 ST Games, split vs. LAD and OAK

caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

If I told you that Nick Madrigal and Yoan Moncada had the same amount of strikeouts today, you would say...

Ah, that begs the question: would you like Moncada with Madrigal's ability to put the ball in play or Madrigal with Moncada's power?

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

He will be up this year.

Ironically, he pitched for the Padres two years ago.

Jay only looked good in a Cardinals’ Jersey, fwiw.   Hits the weakest RBI single almost right up the middle, drives in Yolmer for the first Gatorade shower of the year.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Well that was a very exciting, clutch at bat there by John Jay.  I think that is worth much more than $4 million.  Can we release him now so that he can go buy a Padres season ticket plan before all the good seats are taken?  I hear it is beautiful there this time of year.

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

Ah, that begs the question: would you like Moncada with Madrigal's ability to put the ball in play or Madrigal with Moncada's power?

Moncada easily. What would Madrigal do with a bunch of power if all he does is beat the ball into the ground

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I like hearing that Fulmer touched 94 today. Hoping by end of ST he’s at 96

Doesn’t matter if he keeps walking everyone and not missing enough bats.

Madrigal with his first hit in a big league uniform, infield single to Profar.  Because of course...

Edited by caulfield12

• bmags unpinned this topic