Sox sign Preston Tucker

flavum

7 minutes ago, Saufley said:

After the Machado fiasco, if I were Hahn, I couldn't find the initiative or energy to go back to work. 

You call this work?  If I soiled the bed this consistently at my job, I would be fired.  We have a season ahead of watching big roles from Jon Jay, Yonder Alonso, Ervin Santana, Wellington Castillo, and Ivan Nova, after watching Shields, Derek Holland, etc over the last two years.  I am seriously considering a scenario where that truck didn’t swerve and I am in hell.

6 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

You call this work?  If I soiled the bed this consistently at my job, I would be fired.  We have a season ahead of watching big roles from Jon Jay, Yonder Alonso, Ervin Santana, Wellington Castillo, and Ivan Nova, after watching Shields, Derek Holland, etc over the last two years.  I am seriously considering a scenario where that truck didn’t swerve and I am in hell.

I should have phrased it "go back to the office".

• Like 1

Hey I am more than fine if this Tucker fellow or Brandon Guyer have a good enough spring so that the say buh bye to friggin John Jay.  An interesting side note on Guyer that I did not know until today when I was looking up his stats...his nickname is La Pinata for his propensity to get hit by pitches...unfortunately I think he is a corner outfielder and might play center as well as Rob Mackowiak so maybe Guyer won't force Jay out.

Edited by wegner

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Hey I am more than fine if this Tucker fellow or Brandon Guyer have a good enough spring so that the say buh bye to friggin John Jay.  An interesting side note on Guyer that I did not know until today when I was looking up his stats...his nickname is La Pinata for his propensity to get hit by pitches...unfortunately I think he is a corner outfielder and might play center as well as Rob Mackowiak so maybe Guyer won't force Jay out.

Look at the stats:  Jon Jay cannot play CF.

It’s hilarious that the players in camp other than our young prospects all represent other, much better players on other teams.

Preston instead of Kyle.

All of our veterans but no Machado.

Castillo/McCann instead of Narvaez/Smith.

Trayce instead of Klay (oops, wrong sport.)

At least they weren’t quite dumb enough to bring back Shields, but they still managed to replace him at roughly the same high cost, somehow.

Ervin Santana a decade too late.

24 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Does Charlotte actually need more OFs? Eloy/Delmonico, Cordell, Tilson, Guyer? 

They really don't, but guys always end up getting cut loose at the end of ST. Probably just another body for the mix. Basabe going down with an injury probably made them feel the need to add another guy for competition purposes if you assume he was slated to start in Charlotte.