Sox in on Denard Span

Sockin

14 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Why? Guy played LF almost exclusively last season and is another left handed bat. What the hell did Palka do to piss off the FO? He deserves to be playing everyday. Fans want to see him play everyday. 

The main thing Palka did is not be good. I'm fine with Span, it's not going to change the way I feel about the org right now (hint: its bad)

4 hours ago, daggins said:

The main thing Palka did is not be good. I'm fine with Span, it's not going to change the way I feel about the org right now (hint: its bad)

An 800 ops the second half of the season...especially for a nothing salary, that might have been our biggest success of the the entire season if he was properly relegated to DH-only duties.

This team should just stop. What the fuck are they thinking? It feels a little like my pet bunny rabbit dying again each time another horrifying headline rears it's terrible face. Jay, Alonso, pathetically missing on Machado, Ervin Santana, and now Denard fucking Span. 

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, fathom said:

Don’t see a fit here at all.  Cleveland makes ton of sense.

I actually do. That's why I called it in the other thread. Jay isn't a CF , he's way too slow. Denard at least still has some wheels. Then Engel could be what he's supposed to be a back up. Then Jay can be shit canned.

11 minutes ago, EvilJester99 said:

Jimenez, Engle, Palka and Delmonico.. not ideal but why keep bringing in aged OF who won’t do much better. 

Jimenez will play no doubt about that so will Palka, Delmonico is a nobody, You might be the only one who still wants to see Engel. I'm good with him as a defensive replacement, Delmonico AAAA fodder  27 in JULY ,Engel 27 already . I don't consider them kids.

Span will play better defense than anyone but Engel. Our pitchers do need someone out there to actually catch the ball when you have Jimenez in LF and Palka in RF for the majority of the year. Yes I'm hoping Jay gets released before the 1st game.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Jimenez will play no doubt about that so will Palka, Delmonico is a nobody, You might be the only one who still wants to see Engel. I'm good with him as a defensive replacement, Delmonico AAAA fodder  27 in JULY ,Engel 27 already . I don't consider them kids.

Span will play better defense than anyone but Engel. Our pitchers do need someone out there to actually catch the ball when you have Jimenez in LF and Palka in RF for the majority of the year. Yes I'm hoping Jay gets released before the 1st game.

I'm with you, as long as they would indeed release Jay. I'd rather have Span in center, than Jay, but not both of them.

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Agreed. There's a decent amount of guys I don't want to watch play for the Sox already this season. 

Me too. I was a huge Davidson fan. And he's gone. And a huge Avi fan. He gone. The replacements sicken me. It's time to get rid of Hahn and Kenny. Let somebody else draft our next two top five picks. And let somebody else figure out how to get the Sox over .500.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Me too. I was a huge Davidson fan. And he's gone. And a huge Avi fan. He gone. The replacements sicken me. It's time to get rid of Hahn and Kenny. Let somebody else draft our next two top five picks. And let somebody else figure out how to get the Sox over .500.

In hindsight, I’m sure many people would rather have Davidson and Avi still on the team over the more expensive duo of Alonso and Jay.  But these same people didn’t expect Hahn to fail so miserably and whiff on Machado.

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

In hindsight, I’m sure many people would rather have Davidson and Avi still on the team over the more expensive duo of Alonso and Jay.  But these same people didn’t expect Hahn to fail so miserably and whiff on Machado.

Davidson I'm ok with being gone and as badly as I was sick of Avi, I'd take him over Alonso.

22 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Can't wait for Rick Hahn's #soxmath when he demonstrates that the Sox have spent the money they promised to spend.

Maybe Denard Span will be part of that equation.

White Sox are the team that goes broke in a dollar store.

Pure classic stuff right here.