2019 KAN

ChiSoxJon

Couple reactions from that article:

• I hate the idea of Steele Walker starting the season in low A; a 2nd round pick out of college who turns 23 in July and has a strong hit tool should start at High A if we want him on a normal timeline
  • Pilkington sounds like a horrible 3rd round pick based on that write-up; no plus offerings and a limited chance a starting long-term; hopefully Matt’s assessment is closer to the mark and the Sox are expecting a return to form
  • The infield should be loaded with interesting prospects; my guess is we see Zangari at 1B, Nunez at 2B, Sosa at SS, & Curbelo at 3B to start the season; I expect Bush to start in extended but to be called up at some point (likely after a Curbelo promotion)
  • It’s too bad not one of the many J2 OF signings from the 2016 classe has hit the ground running and was able to snag one of these job; other than Walker the rest of the OFs are likely org filler; hopefully we see or two of those guys by 2020

1 hour ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

That was my thought as well.

Rotation has some interest too, but not as interesting as that infield. Bullpen doesn't look very good, though there should be 2-3 live arms worth tracking.

Yeah I rarely have enough attention to lend to the college pitchers selected in the draft when they arrive their first year, In excited to see how stiever does based on your interest and the write up on pilkington and if he can add velo.

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Couple reactions from that article:

• I hate the idea of Steele Walker starting the season in low A; a 2nd round pick out of college who turns 23 in July and has a strong hit tool should start at High A if we want him on a normal timeline
  • Pilkington sounds like a horrible 3rd round pick based on that write-up; no plus offerings and a limited chance a starting long-term; hopefully Matt’s assessment is closer to the mark and the Sox are expecting a return to form
  • The infield should be loaded with interesting prospects; my guess is we see Zangari at 1B, Nunez at 2B, Sosa at SS, & Curbelo at 3B to start the season; I expect Bush to start in extended but to be called up at some point (likely after a Curbelo promotion)
  • It’s too bad not one of the many J2 OF signings from the 2016 classe has hit the ground running and was able to snag one of these job; other than Walker the rest of the OFs are likely org filler; hopefully we see or two of those guys by 2020

Time will tell on Pilkington, I think CWS sees him with a strong possibility of starting, he was highly thought of through out the league

Don't hate Walker starting at KAN as he never mastered the level and the system is loaded in OF, hopefully he catches fire early and move up in late June

The IF should definitely be interesting, excited for Zangari

Absolute shame CWS whiffs pretty bad with LatAm signings, has to change for the better (somehow they actually have compared to years past)

5 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah I rarely have enough attention to lend to the college pitchers selected in the draft when they arrive their first year, In excited to see how stiever does based on your interest and the write up on pilkington and if he can add velo.

Pilkington, Stiever, Bilous, Heuer, Martin, and Sousa all worth attention as well as McClure who should only be there to "rehab"