2/25 CWS vs. SFG

caulfield12

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah, isn't velo down a bit through a pitcher's first couple starts of the spring? 

3 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

What is he usually at? 89-90?

So this article says he worked back up to 94 mph at some point

https://newsok.com/article/5603029/manny-banuelos-enjoying-a-resurgence-with-the-oklahoma-city-dodgers

Basically, he had TJ in 2013, completely lost all of his velo and was at 85-86, in 2017 he made his way to the dodgers and found his strength again and was back up to 94 where he was really good in AAA last year and caught sox radar. 

My take is basically that he's happy he has maintained his velocity and we should expect it around 92-93 and top out and 94 until someone says otherwise. He also throws a cutter in the article so maybe he'll play well with cooper.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Scoots said:

Farmer bringing politics into it lmao

He also called out the Blue Jays for letting their players do whatever the heck they want to...referred to quality of people in SF vs. Oakland, if he was the Iowa BB announcer he’d probably get suspended (because he has a running beef with McCaffrey over recruiting and lack of athleticism in recruiting) 

55 minutes ago, bmags said:

So this article says he worked back up to 94 mph at some point

https://newsok.com/article/5603029/manny-banuelos-enjoying-a-resurgence-with-the-oklahoma-city-dodgers

Basically, he had TJ in 2013, completely lost all of his velo and was at 85-86, in 2017 he made his way to the dodgers and found his strength again and was back up to 94 where he was really good in AAA last year and caught sox radar. 

My take is basically that he's happy he has maintained his velocity and we should expect it around 92-93 and top out and 94 until someone says otherwise. He also throws a cutter in the article so maybe he'll play well with cooper.

Has something quite similar to Santiago’s screwball as well...

1 minute ago, elrockinMT said:

I am very pleased with the early games and results. 

I'm assuming you mean individual results since the team is 0-3-1. I agree some players that are going to have to step up have shown well, but it is early in spring training.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

He also called out the Blue Jays for letting their players do whatever the heck they want to...referred to quality of people in SF vs. Oakland, if he was the Iowa BB announcer he’d probably get suspended (because he has a running beef with McCaffrey over recruiting and lack of athleticism in recruiting) 

Farmio needs to go, like yesterday.  

• Like 1

On 2/25/2019 at 6:33 AM, caulfield12 said:

2 p.m.  

One team has to get their first ST win, as Giants are 0-2.

Location:  Just down the street from Paulie’s place in Scottsdale

Battle of southpaws, Manny Bañuelos vs. our old friend Derek Holland

WGN 720 AM, MLB.com is picking up Giants’ broadcast

Helluva jinx.

• bmags unpinned this topic