Sign in to follow this  
caulfield12

2/25 CWS vs. SFG

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Looks like whoever made the lineup cards was used to putting Moncada at 4 then wrote the 5 over it.

I noticed that too. LOL. 

5 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Mincada rbi triple aafter Eloy single. Moncada really hitting the ball well early. Shades of what we might see this summer.

Don't get too excited. We were all ecstatic about Giolito's spring last year. Dude looked like an ace in the making. When the regular season hit, well.....

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yoan off to great start

He needs to save a few when the season starts. I don't need another Brian Anderson situation. ;)

It seems that Moncada is being more aggressive, and not taking the close pitches. A single and a triple, hitting right handed. Very nice to see.

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Don't get too excited. We were all ecstatic about Giolito's spring last year. Dude looked like an ace in the making. When the regular season hit, well.....

Dude, relax.  It is the 4th game of spring training. No is buying playoff tickets yet.  We get it.

• Like 3

No matter how hard your heart is, you've gotta love seeing Luis Robert knock in Yoan, who knocks in Eloy...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Im sorry i said something positive. I wont do it again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Moncada / Robert / Anderson / Madrigal is going to be some brilliant baserunning at some point.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scoots said:

Im sorry i said something positive. I wont do it again.

It isn't about being positive/negative, it's about being level headed. I love Moncada's talent, I want nothing other than for him to be Jose Ramirez as a player. 

He has the talent to be 2nd best player in baseball after Trout, and that isn't hyperbole. The dude just oozes talent from every orifice of his body. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, bmags said:

Moncada / Robert / Anderson / Madrigal is going to be some brilliant baserunning at some point.

They're going to score a ton of extra runs due to their speed. 

God forbid we found a pitcher who is ready to step up and maybe even stay healthy?? I forgot the scout who put his neck on the line for Banuelos but maybe he saw something.

15 minutes ago, pcq said:

God forbid we found a pitcher who is ready to step up and maybe even stay healthy?? I forgot the scout who put his neck on the line for Banuelos but maybe he saw something.

I want to know what he's throwing up there(how hard) 

EDIT: 

Banuelos was once a top 20 pitching prospect before injuries got him. If he's back to that guy, he could be our Arrieta. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Thank God baseball is back.  I know it's very early spring training, but seeing what some of these guys are doing so far is exciting.  I hope Robert can stay healthly, because he could be something special.

Fegan tweeted out Banuelos was at 92-93mph and that he was really excited about that.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Fegan tweeted out Banuelos was at 92-93mph and that he was really excited about that.

Yeah, isn't velo down a bit through a pitcher's first few starts of the spring? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

What is he usually at? 89-90?

4 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

What is he usually at? 89-90?

When he was a top prospect he was sitting around 93-94 and topping at 96-97

Edited by Jack Parkman

Sign in to follow this