Nolan Arenado to sign extension with the Rockies

Kiebs13

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

A premium free agent off the market. Maybe the White Sox will realize they need to pay Harper now.

Personally, at this point, this may be the best thing that could happen. If the Sox were to put their eggs in the Arenado basket, that would mean Moncada was a bust at 3B, and would be moving to yet another position. And it's one less option for the team moving forward. Maybe Uncle Jerry will open the purse strings a little bit more.

Pretty certain Jerry or Kenny are laughing at the Rockies for "losing the negotiation" to Arenado. 

• Like 2

Anybody who thought we were a player for Arenado is delusional. The thought of him ever coming to the Sox NEVER even crossed my mind because it was NEVER going to happen. We had our one and only chance to get a superstar at a position of need with none of the big boys involved and WE BLEW IT. It was the perfect storm with his family and friends on team and WE BLEW IT. Enough said!!!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

Disagree, it also highlights the incompetency of the Machado negotiations.

That it does; but if they couldn't outbid the Padres for Machado, there is no way they were going to outbid the Yankees and the other A list organizations that would have been after him.

38 minutes ago, Flash said:

Thats actually an interesting trade. 

Honestly tho...

Something like:

Rockies Receive: Abreu, Rodon and Steele Walker

Sox Receive: Colton Welker, Riley Pint, Ramiel Tapia and a lottery ticket (Breiling Eusebio maybe?)

Who says no?  Rockies looks a tad thin on OF depth in the minors, but should be covered in IF long term no with Rodgers, Story and Arenado.  Would love to get Lambert or Rolison in this deal instead of a final lottery ticket....maybe including Walker could do that.  Let's the Sox throw Tapia out in CF this season and see what he can do. 

At this point, I'd do it.  2020 is fucked.  Trade Rodon.    

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Man that Machado contract looks like a fucking steal.  If we come out empty-handed this offseason, the rebuild is going to be at risk because there really won’t be much to spend all our excess cash on.  We simply can not rely on all our high-end prospects hitting their ceilings, so please do the right thing and just add Harper while you can.

Rebuilds are always a risk, man. The Cubs and Astros both made an extremely difficult process look very easy. There is a very real chance that the Sox jumped on the tanking train a little too late, and that they will rebuild themselves back to a 75 win team just in time to trade away Moncada, Kopech, and Jimenez. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Honestly tho...

Something like:

Rockies Receive: Abreu, Rodon and Steele Walker

Sox Receive: Colton Welker, Riley Pint, Ramiel Tapia and a lottery ticket (Breiling Eusebio maybe?)

Who says no?  Rockies looks a tad thin on OF depth, but should be covered in IF.  Would love to get Lambert or Rolison in there instead of a final lottery ticket....maybe including Walker could do that.  Let's the Sox throw Tapia out in CF this season and see what he can do. 

At this point, I'd do it.  2020 is fucked.  Trade Rodon.    

I hope us.  I’m agree with 99% of what you say on this site, but I do not like that trade at all for us.  

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Rebuilds are always a risk, man. The Cubs and Astros both made an extremely difficult process look very easy. There is a very real chance that the Sox jumped on the tanking train a little too late, and that they will rebuild themselves back to a 75 win team just in time to trade away Moncada, Kopech, and Jimenez. 

Jumping on too late has nothing to do with it. The Cubs and Astros also have much more compitent FO’s and excel in just about every facet compared to the Sox.

• Like 1