Sox vs. Royal (SS) ST Game - 205pm CT

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Engel doubles in Cordell.  He's messed with his stance again.  He's way more crouched than last season.

Still think Cordell could be interesting.  He is not a small dude and has pretty good speed.  

Did you see Cordell's AB? He looked terrible. He "gutted" out an excuse-me swing for a single. TWTW!

Body type wise.... he reminds me a lot of Alex Rios, except without all that talent the Sox turned over into Leury Garcia.

9 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Did you see Cordell's AB? He looked terrible. He "gutted" out an excuse-me swing for a single. TWTW!

Body type wise.... he reminds me a lot of Alex Rios, except without all that talent the Sox turned over into Leury Garcia.

No, I didn't see the at bat.  Checking in when I have a free moment.  

Well, we learned Tony LaRussa can play racquetball well.

Lambert reminded me a bit of Brandon MCCarthy...tall and whip thin, lively arm, struggled with offspeed stuff...could really use a slower breaking pitch as everything was hard.  Very up and down in terms of pitching planes, not a side to side or angles guy.

Madrigal had a very nice oppo swing....picked off, but that’s the same he looked for OSU, including the high half swing practice before each time in the box.

Anderson really looks good...King said how they spent a ton of time with backhand plays in the hole, we really malign the coaching staff but it was obvious he made some huge strides defensively in the second half.  Maturing into the leader that will replace Jose, who has looked old/slow so far out of the gate.

Other than RF and catcher...the White Sox future seems set with Jimenez, Robert, Moncada, Anderson and Madrigal...and that’s where Harper really could have put this team over the top.   Am actually more concerned with the starting pitching than any other aspect of this team’s future, because we’re seemingly unlikely to pay top dollar for our own version of  Jon Lester to anchor the rotation.

Edited by caulfield12

13 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

Looked like a cutter or a flat slider... he stayed with it and took what the pitcher gave him

He should do that more often. Last season he swung for the fences and pulled off of it.