Dane Dunning: No TJS just yet, rest and monitor

Just now, wrathofhahn said:

Shit. With all these injuries we could really use a 2nd influx of talent. It seems all our top pitching prospects have injury concerns

this is where a competent international pipeline can come in handy.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Honestly I know ptatc is going to tell me I'm wrong but whenever we get the "oh its just a forearm strain, they'll rest and rehab through it" I get annoyed because it just delays the inevitable tjs and turns a 12 month recovery into a 18 month episode.

• Like 3

Not to beat a dead horse, but again, that's why signing one of the 2 whales this offseason was crucial. Create a bit of prospect surplus and trade for more pitching. Of course the Sox think all the prospects are going to hit so no need for any of that..

Edited by TheTruth05
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Somehow Paddy has a job for life despite only a single LatAm signing reaching AA under his watch (and not even with us unfortunately).

Truly believe its the player development and restraints in size of scouting team. Also that while we had a huge spending class with robert, we did it without adding him to an already large class - that one was still within the allotted budget. I don't know of a team aside from the orioles that didn't have a huge latam class during the old cba.

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Probably should have just gotten surgery last summer instead of trying to rehab a UCL injury.  Knew this would happen at some point.

I’m pretty sure I just expressed this exact concern like a week ago.  But dumb question, is forearm discomfort the same as elbow pain?  Is there reason to expect the worse here or could this be some lesser injury?