2019 fan engagement poll

reiks12

2019 Soxtalk Fan Engagement  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How will you support the 2019 White Sox?

• Same as I always have
    • I will attend less games or buy less merchandise
    • I won't attend a single game or buy merchandise
    • I am no longer supporting the White Sox

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Won't be attending a single game this year (unless it's free) but I'll always watch and keep up with the team.

Another excellent idea is supporting all of our minor league teams/players/coaches...especially if you live in North/South Carolina or Alabama.

They didn't do anything wrong, they're just caught in the crossfire.

It will probably be a good while before I invest anything emotionally, and especially financially into this team. I'd turn down free scout seats, if offered. I'll catch some games on the radio, just because I enjoy Farmio's call and I don't think he'll be around much longer, but that's about the extent of it. Really just not in the mood to hear Benetti's voice trying to spin this dumpster fire/act like it's not right there for everyone to see- will absolutely not be tuning in for that garbage. For the first time in forever, I don't know when opening day is, and don't care. 

If this rebuild becomes baseball's version of the Chicago Bulls, I'm done with the team, at the very least until the miser and the two jackasses are gone- but it would take a lot to wash the taste of shit out of my mouth. 

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft
  • Thanks 1

I don't live back there but I can't imagine NOT going to at least a few games.  I really wasn't that awful pissed when Manny signed with the Padres at first...but since it's happened I've gotten more pissed by the day.  Had a chance to make a huge splash and pussed out.  Honestly...I couldn't give two fucks what Kenny Williams thinks or says.  He's been irrelevant for how many years now.

• Haha 1

Probably going to about the same games as last year, which is lower than it was four or five years ago but that's largely due to general lifestyle and spending habit changes rather than an indictment of the team. I just like watching baseball.

I am going to the home opener for the first time ever. So that'll be interesting.

Edited by 3GamesToLove

I live over 400 miles from Chicago, so its hard for me to show my disappointment.  I usually make it to Chicago for one series, and attend every game I can when the Sox are in town here in Minneapolis.  

I will most certainly not be making it to Chicago this season.  It won't make any difference, but its the least I can do.  I am a Sox addict, so I will likely still watch 140+ games, and attend all the games I can when the Sox are in town (doesn't help the Sox at all).  But the organization will not be getting a dime of my money this season.  

I voted for buy less tickets and merchandise. I know this is the most emotional time - right after we were lied to. After we were insulted by our front office. The fact that this franchise puts out a terrible product and then lies to us with a straight face acting like we're the dumb ones ... that's an issue. At the end of the day the Sox are just a product, and I as consumer have a choice. There are 30 teams, no reason I have to purchase this product. Unfortunately we are in a position where going to the Northside for a baseball game costs $100+ a ticket. So I will be showing up for Sox games. I likely will just buy $6 ticket and move around throughout the game. I will also support the local businesses around the park. It sucks for them that they're livelihoods are going to hurt while the Sox continue to mock our intelligence. But that's it for me. No season tickets. And to be honest this stings so much because until now I looked at baseball as a mental getaway. Sox games still had a boyish charm to them. They reminded me of fun. Of grilled onions. Of cold beer. Crack of a bat. But now? All I see is $$ signs. I see JR sitting on his yacht or in some mansion just smoking a fancy cigar. He's no fan of the Sox. He's a fan of a balance sheet and income statement. And realizing that the Sox are just a business is just sad. Deep down I knew it, but my true mental getaway for 162 times during the summer has now become a business to me. And for that reason I'm sad.

• Like 2

I usually go to at least 10 games a year. I won't be going in April at all unless my buddy puts me in a suite. I'll be at FutureSox Day on June 15th vs Yanks, I'll probably try and catch Cease's debut later this summer and take free tix when it's super convenient. That's it though. I'm not even going to Eloy's debut because it's an inconvenient date for me. 

I have decided that I am going to go to a few games (3-4 at the most), only because I love the Sox. That being said, I am going to give Reinsdorf as little of my money as possible. I plan on buying the cheapest tickets in the house, going on Sunday's to get the $10 parking, and spending very little on food inside the stadium. He doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's for that matter, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I have decided that I am going to go to a few games (3-4 at the most), only because I love the Sox. That being said, I am going to give Reinsdorf as little of my money as possible. I plan on buying the cheapest tickets in the house, going on Sunday's to get the $10 parking, and spending very little on food inside the stadium. He doesn't deserve my money or anyone else's for that matter, but it is what it is.

Trade 2 of those 4 games for visits to minor league parks, South Bend or Gary or Kane County.

Drive to St. Louis and catch a couple of weekend games there, stay one night. That's just be a fun baseball trip.

You have options.

10 hours ago, Swingandalongonetoleft said:

It will probably be a good while before I invest anything emotionally, and especially financially into this team. I'd turn down free scout seats, if offered. I'll catch some games on the radio, just because I enjoy Farmio's call and I don't think he'll be around much longer, but that's about the extent of it. Really just not in the mood to hear Benetti's voice trying to spin this dumpster fire/act like it's not right there for everyone to see- will absolutely not be tuning in for that garbage. For the first time in forever, I don't know when opening day is, and don't care. 

If this rebuild becomes baseball's version of the Chicago Bulls, I'm done with the team, at the very least until the miser and the two jackasses are gone- but it would take a lot to wash the taste of shit out of my mouth. 

I'll take those scout seats! haha.

You brought up a good point.. I don't think I can sit through three hours of Benetti stand up each night trying to be upbeat about the team. I'll lose my mind.

24 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I plan on hitting up Kimski more than ever. Love that bar/food. I'll still hit up Cork and Kerry. I'll hit up basically everything around the park and drink beforehand. I will not be purchasing food inside the park. And VERY limited beer. No need to support the machine.

I voted for "I will attend less games or buy less merchandise" mainly because my friends and I were foolish enough to get opening day tickets when we thought there was hope for Manny/Bryce still.  I am unlikely to attend any games after that or pay much attention to the team unless something changes significantly.

After the White Flag trade, which was a PR disaster, the team drew 1.3 million for each of the 1998 + 1999 seasons. I wonder what the attendance will be this 2019 season. I take it that alot of White Sox fans are upset by whats happened recently. The only way the attendance could be decent this year is if they get off to a good start. And looking at the starting rotation I don't see that happening.

10 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Trade 2 of those 4 games for visits to minor league parks, South Bend or Gary or Kane County.

Drive to St. Louis and catch a couple of weekend games there, stay one night. That's just be a fun baseball trip.

You have options.

I live in the far NW suburbs and it takes less time to drive to Milwaukee than it does the southside. I may take in a few of the Brewers games this year.

• Like 1