2019 fan engagement poll

reiks12

2019 Soxtalk Fan Engagement  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How will you support the 2019 White Sox?

• Same as I always have
    • I will attend less games or buy less merchandise
    • I won't attend a single game or buy merchandise
    • I am no longer supporting the White Sox

My father is part of a full season ticket plan. He only picked out 4 games for himself this year. He used to grab 30. Sox are still getting the same revenue of course. But I feel seeing someone like him do that, tickets are going to have to be basically free for people to come in. I think the Sox are in for a real rude awakening but we shall see. Right now the draw is baseball itself.

I went from being super stoked about the rebuild, the money savings looking to this offseason... 

The rebuild is still pretty good, but it is a big deal to not acquire either of these guys. I root for my guys. Anyone wearing that Sox uniform. They play for the same incompetent front office that we are forced to deal with. 

Personally I am not interested in going to any games. I was all about going to more games than usual if they got one of these guys. I was all in. Now I'm just limping in, and will fold at the first sign of trouble (ie, rebuild failing). 

The only motivation I have to go to any games is to tailgate with some friends in nice weather and play bags. I will do my best to not buy any food or drink inside the park. Normally, I'm plenty full and drunk before I get in anyway. Certainly no merchandise. I don't give a shit. Fuck White Sox ownership and White Sox front office. It will take a WS victory for me to even remotely consider supporting these assholes anymore. 

The end result of this is I turn into a deplorable fair weather fan. I really don't care, though. These fucking losers talk a big game, so now go win a fucking World Series or fuck right off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'm not happy with the front office and their failure to sign one of the big two.  However, I watch the games for the players.  I'll still watch as many games as possible, and I'll go to a game or two.  I have more Sox stuff in my closet than anything else, and that won't change.  I don't have as high hopes as I did a few months ago, but I'm still excited to see what our prospects can do.

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I think they will be more interesting this year, and I have a 20 game plan. , which I will use.But overall I will probably watch less. I will be more focused on individuals.  Watch Eloy hit. Watch Moncada, Abreu. See what a couple of pitchers are doing,  and then change the channel. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

My support will remain the same as I've already committed to my ticket plan, although I'll be considerably more pissed off while attending games.   Thinking about brown-bagging a couple of them for shits and gigs.

That's my thoughts as well. I'll still end up going to about 12-14 games, will enjoy freely moving around to open seats, but will just abstain from buying any merch. 

Gotta admit this sucks ass, the litany of gut punches starting last year when Kopech went on the table have taxed me a lot. But what am I to do? For better or worse I am a White Sox fan period. Been one since 1977 and have put up with all kinds of shit. This is just another thing to put up with. I DO want those two guys brought in for Machado jettisoned as soon as possible. They will be a constant reminder of the Sox failure to land a key UFA. I think then and only then can we really start focusing on the future. 

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

That's my thoughts as well. I'll still end up going to about 12-14 games, will enjoy freely moving around to open seats, but will just abstain from buying any merch. 

After the recent KW quotes, I'm torn.  I want to support the team, I think our issue is obviously not with them, they're not the ones responsible for making (or the lack thereof) moves.  I think we all want and need to show and voice our displeasure with the FO/Owner, but outside of entirely throwing away my investment (which I've already paid for and not going to do), I don't know what's the best course of action is from here.

Voted same as I always have.  Listen some on the radio, watch alot of games, watch some post game, listen to White Sox weekly, go to some games...it's a sickness I think.

For crying out loud, I've found myself following and posting on spring training game threads!!

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

After the recent KW quotes, I'm torn.  I want to support the team, I think our issue is obviously not with them, they're not the ones responsible for making (or the lack thereof) moves.  I think we all want and need to show and voice our displeasure with the FO/Owner, but outside of entirely throwing away my investment (which I've already paid for and not going to do), I don't know what's the best course of action is from here.

Donating seats (at least some of them) to Sox Charities, Boys & Girls Clubs, Jackie Robinson Little League, Bulls/Sox Academy, Reviving Baseball in the Inner City program, there was a Chicago version of that....ACE, maybe?   The one that kid who went to Iowa and the Sox drafted participated in...he was a catcher/pitcher out of the Public League before Iowa.

9 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Donating seats (at least some of them) to Sox Charities, Boys & Girls Clubs, Jackie Robinson Little League, Bulls/Sox Academy, Reviving Baseball in the Inner City program, there was a Chicago version of that....ACE, maybe?   The one that kid who went to Iowa and the Sox drafted participated in...he was a catcher/pitcher out of the Public League before Iowa.

Those would all be noble choices.