KW: "It's a shame" the Sox are being portrayed as cheap

Jose Abreu

“He and I clicked in the meeting "

🤣

“Rest assured that no one is feeling what Rick and I are feeling because every single day since June of last year, this is what we had planned for, the pursuit of both Harper and Machado. Harper [was] well out of our range. With Machado we extended ourselves as far as we could without jeopardizing what we’re going to need to do in the future. "

I also love the fact that JR wasnt willing to pay players 10 years from now when it is very likely that he won't be around anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

“He and I clicked in the meeting "

🤣

“Rest assured that no one is feeling what Rick and I are feeling because every single day since June of last year, this is what we had planned for, the pursuit of both Harper and Machado. Harper [was] well out of our range. With Machado we extended ourselves as far as we could without jeopardizing what we’re going to need to do in the future. "

I also love the fact that JR wasnt willing to pay players 10 years from now when it is very likely that he won't be around anymore.

So basically, with those words, you've just vanquished any hopes of this franchise really making a run at it with the same ownership and KW/RH still around...brilliant marketing technique, Brooks Boyer must be sporting the same shell-shocked look Sean Spicer did in early 2017.

And admitted that the Padres kicked your butts yet again, this time in a completely different manner.

• Like 1

Now this will be fun.

It's a shame that Thanos is being portrayed as wanting less life.

It's a shame that Chicago winters are being portrayed as cold.

Everyone play along, pick the most obvious thing you can and describe how it's a true shame that it's being portrayed as true!

• Like 1

“Our fans would have been much more disappointed in our inability to keep this next core together,’’ he said. “We would have overextended ourselves had we gone to an uncomfortable level.’’

9 years from now, Eloy will be in his thirties. And which is it KW?

Manny just had to stay healthy, oúr offer was worth more money

or

We want the financial flexibility for our core

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Can always count on caulfield to derail a thread

I personally think it's better that we get out in front of the obvious elephant in the room before cartoons of JR bathing/basking in buckets of gold and money gets to be the norm...I'm not going to defend him or Hahn, but we're better as a fanbase than resorting to the lowest common denominator.

I'm not talking about SoxTalk per se, as much as some of the comments I'm reading at "national" articles or other internet sites without the diehard fan base.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Not only did they troll us, but they trolled themselves. Their failed in their execution, so fire them immediately.

Remember how I kept saying they thought they were bidding against themselves, doing Machado a favor, and that no one else was close? Kenny literally says it.

• Like 1

“I believe we got in the room with Manny Machado and Bryce Harper and if we were able to afford, they absolutely wanted to come here,’’ he said. “That was expressed to us. That’s all I can go by.’’

From the same front office that hyped up their fanbase by saying stuff like "money won't be an issue" and "we won't be outbid"

Everything was done in bad faith. Essentially it was a sham, a charade.

I am disgusted with them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Now this will be fun.

It's a shame that Thanos is being portrayed as wanting less life.

It's a shame that Chicago winters are being portrayed as cold.

Everyone play along, pick the most obvious thing you can and describe how it's a true shame that it's being portrayed as true!

It's a shame that that Deadpool fellow has such a potty mouth

• Like 1