KW: "It's a shame" the Sox are being portrayed as cheap

Jose Abreu

I can’t stand KW. This is a guy who has a job for life and could care less about anything. Being worried about payroll 5 to 7 years before guys are FA is beyond absurd. Sox are cheap and everyone in baseball knows it but you ass clown KW. KW has now given the excuse why they will not sign anyone. Got to save money to sign the core players.

Edited by Soxfest

25 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

“Our fans would have been much more disappointed in our inability to keep this next core together,’’ he said. “We would have overextended ourselves had we gone to an uncomfortable level.’’

9 years from now, Eloy will be in his thirties. And which is it KW?

Manny just had to stay healthy, oúr offer was worth more money

or

We want the financial flexibility for our core

This POS blaming the young guys on this team for not spending money is the MOST OFFENSIVE aspect of all of this. Absolutely unacceptable to do... blame a group of players/kids for you being a cheap POS. That's just obnoxious. 

This makes me so angry... because the rebuild was sold as reinvesting money into player development and drafting, as well as international FA, and then make the big splashes in free agency to compliment/enhance those pieces. 

Is this dumb ass gonna blame these guys for the next 7 years as the reason they didn't sign anyone? They've saved tens of millions already with the rebuild, and there's zero interest of reinvesting it back into the team it seems. 

Hahn keeps saying the money will be spent, yeah, OK big guy.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

“He and I clicked in the meeting "

🤣

“Rest assured that no one is feeling what Rick and I are feeling because every single day since June of last year, this is what we had planned for, the pursuit of both Harper and Machado. Harper [was] well out of our range. With Machado we extended ourselves as far as we could without jeopardizing what we’re going to need to do in the future. "

I also love the fact that JR wasnt willing to pay players 10 years from now when it is very likely that he won't be around anymore.

"Harper was out of our range."

Hey jerkoff his AAV is less than Machado's.

KW is such a clown. GFY

• Like 3

Just now, flavum said:

They’re skewering KW on the Score now

At the very least this will make everything worse. Had he kept his mouth shut the Harper stuff might have gone away on page 7 or whatever of the sports section, but this will be an excellent reminder for the last few surviving fans not to show their faces in that ballpark this year.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

KW and the NBC Sports Chicago crew*

They are infinitely better at damage control, I'll give them that.

Like if I was a casual fan and got most of my content from them, I'd be mad but say "Ah, they gave it a pretty good shot."

Just now, fathom said:

Just a friendly reminder that it's never a good idea to let the same group of individuals lead a rebuild after they couldn't build a winning team.  Seems like only the Sox and Bulls have allowed that.

Eh, I don't have the pessimism for the prospects that some do. 

The depth in the organization is strong - they probably have more back half of the top 20 prospects that could propel themselves into the top 100 in baseball of any team.

Rutherford, Basebe, Steele Walker, Hansen, Lambert, Gonzalez and on and on... those kids are all really talented and while a lot of them will not pan out, their sheer numbers of talent beyond the top tier is strong. I'm not ready to give up on that - they didn't start spending on development and draft/scouting until two years back when they overhauled the organization. I'll give them the proper time to show development with those guys - baseball can take time. I think they have some stars in that bunch though - I'm pretty adament that I think Luis Gonzalez is an MLB star in the making - he reminds me a lot of Jose Ramirez. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

Attendance wasn't good last season, but I think it's going to be worse year. Significantly worse. This debacle is the final straw for a lot of people.

Just remember - they sold a lot of ticket packages to people who believed they were going to get Machado. That'll spread it out over 2 years.. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Just remember - they sold a lot of ticket packages to people who believed they were going to get Machado. That'll spread it out over 2 years.. 

Yes, my folks who live in Michigan being one of the packages they sold. Poor parents are going to be driving to 20+ games a year 2+ hours. Old man isn't happy, but this just isn't shocking. Hopefully the kids live up to their potential and we can enjoy this run in spite of Kenny Williams.