KW: "It's a shame" the Sox are being portrayed as cheap

Jose Abreu

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

You have a link by chance?

Sorry, I should have quoted. Was responding to someone saying KW turned down a mully/haugh interview, and I was joking about it since they are among the easiest interviews in chicago media.

Just now, bmags said:

Sorry, I should have quoted. Was responding to someone saying KW turned down a mully/haugh interview, and I was joking about it since they are among the easiest interviews in chicago media.

Got it...thanks.  

6 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Really feels like the only reason I’m still a Sox fan right now is because of Stockholm Syndrome.

Yeah, it is just habit and sentimentality.  I am trying to de-program my brain, but I don't know if it will work.  All the Sox memorabilia all over the place doesn't help.  I bet watching this year will help break the spell.

54 minutes ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

This, unfortunately is a big part of the problem. Regardless of whether or not the fans like or dislike what they franchise does (or in this offseason's case, DOES NOT) do... it's largely irrelevant to their bottom line. They will still have the same TV deal, same Merch royalties, same MLB Advanced Media payout, etc, etc, etc.......

JR very well likely stands to have the same profit margin from having a cellardwelling team fighting for a top-5 draft pick every year, as he would if he invested heavily in the roster talent via free agency. If he drops 300m on a 26 year-old on a hall of fame trajectory, it changes the culture of the franchise for fans, but does it bring him the same return on investment as the rest of the roster? Aside from the obvious "winning for the sake of winning" what does he have to gain? The fans' adoration? As if.....

I'm sure I'll get called out here for gross ignorance, etc.... but I make these decisions every day, working on software dev (most common case being "buy vs build"), obviously on a much smaller scale than ol Uncle Jerry. But think about it... if you were asked to either invest $100 to make a $100 - or invest $10 to make $25 - you stand to make the most by putting up the least. This has ALWAYS been the case with JR and the White Sox and it's never going to change.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that dwindling attendance and viewership makes it extremely difficult to sell and renew corporate sponsorships. 

The team will never be close to going broke, but a substantial increase in fan apathy will absolutely hit the bottom line. 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that dwindling attendance and viewership makes it extremely difficult to sell and renew corporate sponsorships. 

The team will never be close to going broke, but a substantial increase in fan apathy will absolutely hit the bottom line. 

Yeah, the White Sox are certainly insulated, but they are nowhere near as insulated as the Bulls. 

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

How lucky are they that Machado signed after Sox fest?  I wonder if they paid Manny’s agent a million to delay the announcement until after SF

that's what yonder was.

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Its grim, but Jerry is an old man.  At some point in the next decade, things will have to change.  

Nothing grim about it...Jerry must die for the Sox to move forward.  It’s really that simple and while I won’t actively root for his death, I won’t shed a tear once he is gone (unless his son Michael somehow assumes power 😪).  He is literally holding this franchise hostage with his archaic ways.

• Like 1
  • Love 1