Garpax vs KenHahn

ron883

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I never once said Colin Sexton has been a good player so far but his ceiling is about 10 floors higher than Wendell Carter Jr. That was my point. Sexton has struggled mightily but he also has shown flashes of talent that Wendell Carter has not.

So did Tony Snell.  And countless others.  Flashes don't mean much when you're literally the 2nd worst player in the NBA and grouped with other horrific players like Stauskas.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So did Tony Snell.  And countless others.  Flashes don't mean much when you're literally the 2nd worst player in the NBA and grouped with other horrific players like Stauskas.

He's on a horrible team with no support. He's a talented kid.

the point is Wendell Carter's are available every year. Jmo.

I don't know what Sexton will become but I'm pretty confident in saying what Wendell Carter can become.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

the point is Wendell Carter's are available every year. Jmo.

I don't know what Sexton will become but I'm pretty confident in saying what Wendell Carter can become.

Yes, centers with a high basketball IQ, good defensive instincts, and the potential to stretch the floor are available every year. I don't believe for a second that you made a lot of money on basketball, whatever the hell you mean by that. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Yes, centers with a high basketball IQ, good defensive instincts, and the potential to stretch the floor are available every year. I don't believe for a second that you made a lot of money on basketball, whatever the hell you mean by that. 

That's great, now tell me about Wendell Carter Jr.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ron883 said:

By the same metric used to define Sexton, Wendell Carter is the 60th of 65 centers in the entire NBA. I don't have him rated that poorly but you really dont think Wendell Carter's are available every year? Agree to disagree there. 

Center the weakest position in the NBA at the bottom too.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 2

I was talking to some people today about how pathetically easy the AL Central is to win right now. The Sox appear to be just as bad or worse than the rest of the sorry souls in that division. So what I'm saying is if we don't win the Central this year I'd go with KW and Hahn as being worse. Guess what ... the addition of Manny, who was affordable, on paper should have given us the division. The division is that bad one player woulda been on paper the difference.

That said I remain happy we didn't get him. I contend it's like Salvy being out all season for KCR. That could happen to Manny at any time. It's kind of scary to sign one player to that kind of money. So I know I'm being wishy washy here. I'm also being demanding in saying KW/Hahn should be ashamed they haven't put together a team to win this crap division by now. You'd think Manny would have loved simply playing 18 games vs Det, KC, Minnie and yes even Cleveland. His stats would have been amazing in the Cell vs. those stiff staffs.

GO SOX!

Edited by greg775

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So the defense of Sexton is that he plays on a horrible team, but Markkanen isn't good because, to quote you exactly, "accumulating big numbers on a bad team just doesn't prove anything"? Isn't it worrisome that Sexton can't put up numbers on such a bad team then? 

31 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

So the defense of Sexton is that he plays on a horrible team, but Markkanen isn't good because, to quote you exactly, "accumulating big numbers on a bad team just doesn't prove anything"? Isn't it worrisome that Sexton can't put up numbers on such a bad team then? 

Theres a massive difference between your rookie year and 2nd year in the NBA.

24 minutes ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

So many people hate JR for being loyal, but how many of us would love to have an employer that treats us that way?

Absolutely nothing wrong with loyalty especially in this day and age, but loyalty WITHOUT ACCOUNTABILITY brings you the issues you see with the White Sox.

Professional sports is a results business, people are judged on that, for better or worse, that's the reality of things.

The "results" of the White Sox have been far less than satisfactory wouldn't you agree?

Shouldn't the people in charge who are being well paid have some measure of accountability in that? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

So many people hate JR for being loyal, but how many of us would love to have an employer that treats us that way?

When your employer just wants to employ yes-men and yes-women and there's no pressure on you as long as you tell them the person above you is great, the job is great until the employer goes out of business.

• Thanks 2

On 3/1/2019 at 12:47 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ok, so they haven't drafted well in 8 years. 

Year Round Pick Name Nationality College/HS/club
2018 1 7 Wendell Carter 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Duke University
2018 1 22 Chandler Hutchison 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Boise State University
2017 1 16 Justin Patton 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Creighton University
2017 2 38 Jordan Bell 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Oregon
2016 1 14 Denzel Valentine 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Michigan State University
2016 2 48 Paul Zipser 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany Bayern Munich (Germany)
2015 1 22 Bobby Portis 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Arkansas
2014 1 16 Jusuf Nurkić 23px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg. Bosnia and Herzegovina Cedevita Zagreb (Croatia)
2014 1 19 Gary Harris 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Michigan State University
2014 2 49 Cameron Bairstow 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia University of New Mexico
2013 1 20 Tony Snell 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of New Mexico
2013 2 49 Erik Murphy 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland
University of Florida
2012 1 29 Marquis Teague 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Kentucky
2011 1 28 Norris Cole 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Cleveland State University

Markannen was drafted ahead of Donovan Mitchell and there's nothing that says Lauri Markannen is a good (key word) basketball player right now. I have Markkannen rated as the 92nd best player in the NBA this year in terms of overall efficiency. I see him anywhere from 75-100 in other publicly available player efficiency ratings. Wendell Carter plays a style of basketball that no longer fits in the NBA in regards to drafting 7th overall. They should have drafted Sexton - you draft for ceilings in the top 10, nothing else. Accumulators exist in the NBA - someone has to put up numbers on bad basketball teams. I call this the Kevin Love syndrome - Love was a 3rd option on a really good team, but as the #1 option on bad teams his numbers looked super star like but Kevin Love was not a superstar by any means.

The best players the Bulls have drafted since 2011 were not even drafted by the Bulls - Harris and Nurkic. They felt the need to trade those spots for Doug McDermott. I have no idea how Lauri Markannen is "very good." Could he figure it out? Sure. But he's soft in the paint and over matched every night. His defensive ratings are about as bad as it gets. Now last month Markannen was good - no denying that - but it was his best month as a pro. I hope Markannen turns into a star, but he's not one yet and there are a lot of holes in his game still and accumulating big numbers on a bad team just doesn't prove anything. When you put up big numbers that impact the game, that's when things matter.

This absolutely hilarious stuff. Good googly moogly, that's bad. 

Edited by Chisoxmb35
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Bulls are a top 3 pick from being pretty good. Insert any one of Williamson, Morant or Barrett onto this Bulls team and they'll transform. If you squint you can see a path to some real success.

And hey at least they aren't trying to blow smoke up our ass even indicating they have prayer at Durant or Irivng or whoever. I find the Bulls vision at least realistic

5 hours ago, KiwiSox said:

The Bulls are a top 3 pick from being pretty good. Insert any one of Williamson, Morant or Barrett onto this Bulls team and they'll transform. If you squint you can see a path to some real success.

And hey at least they aren't trying to blow smoke up our ass even indicating they have prayer at Durant or Irivng or whoever. I find the Bulls vision at least realistic

Yeah RJ barret is the difference between a 20 win NBA team and a competitive one. My goodness... 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 hours ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

The hot takes on WCJr here are freaking Gold lol. Fyi, WCJ has shown more than enough talent to be excited about. Please post this type of thing on any respectable NBA or Bulls message board to find how awful that take actually is. Good grief. 

No one falls in love with their shitty players quite like Bulls fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, Fan O'Faust said:

Would it kill the son of a b*tch to show some loyalty to the FANS, for once!

Na dude, the front offices aren't the problem, the fans are. We're not going to enough games or purchasing enough merchandise for the FOs to be successful. How can they spend $1 when they only have $.50?

Saying this isn't a news flash to anyone, but judging how the above clown car keeps running, I wonder who eventually leaves first, one (both) of GarPax or RH/KW?  I'm just super thankful that I don't give 2 💩's about the Bulls, following two of JR's teams would be torture. 

On 3/3/2019 at 2:46 PM, Balta1701 said:

When your employer just wants to employ yes-men and yes-women and there's no pressure on you as long as you tell them the person above you is great, the job is great until the employer goes out of business.

Name one private company where an employee has sayso over the owner of a company?