Garpax vs KenHahn

ron883

On 3/1/2019 at 12:47 PM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ok, so they haven't drafted well in 8 years. 

Year Round Pick Name Nationality College/HS/club
2018 1 7 Wendell Carter 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Duke University
2018 1 22 Chandler Hutchison 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Boise State University
2017 1 16 Justin Patton 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Creighton University
2017 2 38 Jordan Bell 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Oregon
2016 1 14 Denzel Valentine 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Michigan State University
2016 2 48 Paul Zipser 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany Bayern Munich (Germany)
2015 1 22 Bobby Portis 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Arkansas
2014 1 16 Jusuf Nurkić 23px-Flag_of_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina.svg. Bosnia and Herzegovina Cedevita Zagreb (Croatia)
2014 1 19 Gary Harris 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Michigan State University
2014 2 49 Cameron Bairstow 23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.s Australia University of New Mexico
2013 1 20 Tony Snell 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of New Mexico
2013 2 49 Erik Murphy 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png Finland
University of Florida
2012 1 29 Marquis Teague 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States University of Kentucky
2011 1 28 Norris Cole 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States Cleveland State University

Markannen was drafted ahead of Donovan Mitchell and there's nothing that says Lauri Markannen is a good (key word) basketball player right now. I have Markkannen rated as the 92nd best player in the NBA this year in terms of overall efficiency. I see him anywhere from 75-100 in other publicly available player efficiency ratings. Wendell Carter plays a style of basketball that no longer fits in the NBA in regards to drafting 7th overall. They should have drafted Sexton - you draft for ceilings in the top 10, nothing else. Accumulators exist in the NBA - someone has to put up numbers on bad basketball teams. I call this the Kevin Love syndrome - Love was a 3rd option on a really good team, but as the #1 option on bad teams his numbers looked super star like but Kevin Love was not a superstar by any means.

The best players the Bulls have drafted since 2011 were not even drafted by the Bulls - Harris and Nurkic. They felt the need to trade those spots for Doug McDermott. I have no idea how Lauri Markannen is "very good." Could he figure it out? Sure. But he's soft in the paint and over matched every night. His defensive ratings are about as bad as it gets. Now last month Markannen was good - no denying that - but it was his best month as a pro. I hope Markannen turns into a star, but he's not one yet and there are a lot of holes in his game still and accumulating big numbers on a bad team just doesn't prove anything. When you put up big numbers that impact the game, that's when things matter.

An athletic rim protector who could switch to cover smaller players and with range out to the 3 point line does not fit in today's NBA? Wow this guy is drunk. In fact, look at Ray Ray drunk.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

An athletic rim protector who could switch to cover smaller players and with range out to the 3 point line does not fit in today's NBA? Wow this guy is drunk. In fact, look at Ray Ray drunk.

Yes, WCJ is awesome. What was I thinking. 

Everyone on the bulls is awesome, that's why they continue to get smacked around.

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Everyone on the bulls is awesome, that's why they continue to get smacked around.

I find it strange that you are probably the biggest Rick Hahn apologist on here but you absolutely slam GarPax. You use these ridiculous takes and generalizations to attack GarPax, yet I see you doing the opposite to Rick. 

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I find it strange that you are probably the biggest Rick Hahn apologist on here but you absolutely slam GarPax. You use these ridiculous takes and generalizations to attack GarPax, yet I see you doing the opposite to Rick. 

Where do I apologize for Hahn? 

I have been critical of him as well. Critical or everything the Sox have done this off season. At least Rick Hahn has an inkling of professional and respect for his career though. Paxson certainly doesn't have that.

Ridiculous takes like the Bulls don't have any real good players and WCJ - one of the worst graded centers in basketball - is bad. 

Yes, my absurd basketball takes... meanwhile some people think the Bulls are an RJ Barret away from competing for a conference title - those are the brilliant takes we need more of.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Where do I apologize for Hahn? 

I have been critical of him as well. Critical or everything the Sox have done this off season. At least Rick Hahn has an inkling of professional and respect for his career though. Paxson certainly doesn't have that.

Poor little Ricky has to leave it up to Kenny Williams to make A**es out of the front office, and is professional enough and respects his career enough to keep letting Kenny do that.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Poor little Ricky has to leave it up to Kenny Williams to make A**es out of the front office, and is professional enough and respects his career enough to keep letting Kenny do that.

Kenny is his boss. I don't know about you, but in my career I don't tell my boss to shut up. 

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

How is that an apology? Do you have a career? I know there have been times where my boss talking less would have been a great thing but it didn't happen and I wasnt going to call him out or tell him to shut it. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I do not disagree that Lauri and Lavine aren't #1 option on PO team, I think everyone could see that. But Sexton has been garbage thus far and your reasoning that he'd been a better pick than WCJ because he isn't a modern day big is asinine. Sure a scorer in the mold of Sexton has potential to be an all star, but he'd been a terrible fit next to Lavine regardless, and Sexton has shown jackshit thus far to prove anyone wrong.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I do not disagree that Lauri and Lavine aren't #1 option on PO team, I think everyone could see that. But Sexton has been garbage thus far and your reasoning that he'd been a better pick than WCJ because he isn't a modern day big is asinine. Sure a scorer in the mold of Sexton has potential to be an all star, but he'd been a terrible fit next to Lavine regardless, and Sexton has shown jackshit thus far to prove anyone wrong.

Yes, and MCJ has shown Jack shit as well but at least with Sexton, there's a glimmer of star ceiling there. Flashes of offensive brilliance. I've questioned his ability to run an offense but great offensive talent is in there. 

MCJ has a low ceiling and a low floor. Not a good combination. He has been one of the worst centers in basketball this year and its basketballs weakest position currently. 

8 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, and MCJ has shown Jack shit as well but at least with Sexton, there's a glimmer of star ceiling there. Flashes of offensive brilliance. I've questioned his ability to run an offense but great offensive talent is in there. 

MCJ has a low ceiling and a low floor. Not a good combination. He has been one of the worst centers in basketball this year and its basketballs weakest position currently. 

WCJ has been better than Sexton when you look at basically any advanced metric. "Flashes of offensive brilliance." Lol. I can point to some game stats and post some YouTube videos to show you some WCJ "flashes of defensive brilliance" and "flashes of above average offense". I really find it hard to believe you made all this money you claim to have made on basketball. Maybe it was a lucky parlay bet you made while drunk. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

WCJ has been better than Sexton when you look at basically any advanced metric. "Flashes of offensive brilliance." Lol. I can point to some game stats and post some YouTube videos to show you some WCJ "flashes of defensive brilliance" and "flashes of above average offense". I really find it hard to believe you made all this money you claim to have made on basketball. Maybe it was a lucky parlay bet you made while drunk. 

I couldn't care less what you believe or think pal.

WCJ was supposed to be more ready and a safer pick. They both grade out horribly - Sexton grades out poorly at basketball's deepest position while WCJ grades out poorly at basketball's weakest position.

If both are bad - which is more likely - at least taking the guy who had star ceiling would have been more defendable. WCJ was never becoming an NBA star. Period.

28 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This post is full of fallacies, false information, and a bunch of opinionated statements. Sorry pal, you may say you analyze basketball for a living, but no one is buying what you're selling.

• Love 2

14 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

This post is full of fallacies, false information, and a bunch of opinionated statements. Sorry pal, you may say you analyze basketball for a living, but no one is buying what you're selling.

So point out the fallacies. 

MCJ would have made more sense for a team that was already constructed to compete - he could have been a decent complimentary player possibly, but he's not going to be an impact player in the NBA. The Bulls need impact players, even if their bust rates are higher. That's just the nature of basketball. The top of the talent totem pole win out more so than in any other game.

And no offense pal, but posting truthful commentary about Bulls basketball is rarely well received on message boards full of Bulls fans. Bulls fans (I am one, but I separate fanhood from my analysis) have historically been some of the most delusional in regards to their ability to evaluate their own players. That's not just the fans, but the front office too. The love affairs with guys like Hinrich and Deng - decent NBA basketball players, but far from the stars the fans thought they were. Deng had some years as a ++ and Kirk was a real nice piece, but certainly not a focal point of any Championship team. I joked about it earlier, but no one falls in love with their shitty players quite like the Chicago Bulls.

I don't analyze basketball for a living - never claimed otherwise. I do model basketball for DFS, which has been a successful endeavor the past three years... and I model college basketball for betting - I have been doing that for 11 years now. That has gone well for me, but my biggest edges there came in the totals market, not sides. 

Oh, and I'm not "selling" anything. I'm stating opinions based on relevant data and information. If you want to refute the commentary with quality data analysis, I'm all ears, but I doubt anyone is going to come in here with said information. 

WCJ is bad. Sexton is bad. One had a ceiling worthy of drafting if you were a lottery team desperate for raw talent (The Bulls) - the other was always going to be a limited NBA player, regardless of his development track. 

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

So point out the fallacies. 

MCJ would have made more sense for a team that was already constructed to compete - he could have been a decent complimentary player possibly, but he's not going to be an impact player in the NBA. The Bulls need impact players, even if their bust rates are higher. That's just the nature of basketball. The top of the talent totem pole win out more so than in any other game.

And no offense pal, but posting truthful commentary about Bulls basketball is rarely well received on message boards full of Bulls fans. Bulls fans (I am one, but I separate fanhood from my analysis) have historically been some of the most delusional in regards to their ability to evaluate their own players. That's not just the fans, but the front office too. The love affairs with guys like Hinrich and Deng - decent NBA basketball players, but far from the stars the fans thought they were. Deng had some years as a ++ and Kirk was a real nice piece, but certainly not a focal point of any Championship team. I joked about it earlier, but no one falls in love with their shitty players quite like the Chicago Bulls.

I don't analyze basketball for a living - never claimed otherwise. I do model basketball for DFS, which has been a successful endeavor the past three years... and I model college basketball for betting - I have been doing that for 11 years now. That has gone well for me, but my biggest edges there came in the totals market, not sides. 

Oh, and I'm not "selling" anything. I'm stating opinions based on relevant data and information. If you want to refute the commentary with quality data analysis, I'm all ears, but I doubt anyone is going to come in here with said information. 

WCJ is bad. Sexton is bad. One had a ceiling worthy of drafting if you were a lottery team desperate for raw talent (The Bulls) - the other was always going to be a limited NBA player, regardless of his development track. 

You haven't been here long enough to judge on how people on this board perceive the Bulls and their management. Believe me, I have been very critical of how the team was run under GarPax regime in the past and even now. But your assessment of "WCJ" and how he fits in the modern NBA game is beyond ludicrous even the critical Bulls fans would disagree. I wouldn't go into debate on which advanced stat is a better measurement of player's impact, but whatever ESPN gives you do not do a good job of factoring the non-qualified players. To say WCJ is one of the worst centers in the NBA is a fallacy in itself. If you want to look at production across positions in the NBA, center is far from being the weakest position currently.

Anyhow, if you want to look at a stat that looks at all statistical population, take a look at VORP ranking over here:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_advanced.html

Guess who checked in at 148 of all NBA players, and who is at the very bottom, 511 out 511 NBA players who suited up this season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

You haven't been here long enough to judge on how people on this board perceive the Bulls and their management. Believe me, I have been very critical of how the team was run under GarPax regime in the past and even now. But your assessment of "WCJ" and how he fits in the modern NBA game is beyond ludicrous even the critical Bulls fans would disagree. I wouldn't go into debate on which advanced stat is a better measurement of player's impact, but whatever ESPN gives you do not do a good job of factoring the non-qualified players. To say WCJ is one of the worst centers in the NBA is a fallacy in itself. If you want to look at production across positions in the NBA, center is far from being the weakest position currently.

Anyhow, if you want to look at a stat that looks at all statistical population, take a look at VORP ranking over here:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2019_advanced.html

Guess who checked in at 148 of all NBA players, and who is at the very bottom, 511 out 511 NBA players who suited up this season?

I don't use "ESPN" to evaluate players - I certainly don't base players on one stat or an ESPN made stat (ala Hollingers stats, which are absurd evaluations of talent because the bar John sets for replacement level is SO BAD that it doesn't accurately evaluate a player). For example, Hollinger sets his negative values for FG% around 32% or something (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but that's absurdly low and gives positive production to anyone over that number. There are other examples for why Hollingers stats aren't great that are similar to that point). As I said, I keep an efficiency rating on every player I can, in part of my nightly projections which I change based on projected minutes. Yes, VORP is one of many stats one should consider, but VORP also has its shortcomings - mostly on the defensive side of the ball. 

Lastly, given that I would classify some of the best centers based on BR as PF's (such as AD who is a PF), I'd say center is the weakest. The only argument for a weaker position is PF if you want to classify someone like AD as a Center. I would argue that though.

Embiid is great - as is Jokic and Towns. After that? Based on VORP's values, Vucevic can't defend, and certainly hasn't been a top 10 player in basketball this year. Adams is an elite defender, but offensively he's still not great - but he fits that system. He's not carrying any teams though. Nurkic should be renamed Hackic because he can't play any significant minutes without fouling out of games. Gobert is a monster, but he's still so limited offensively. Capela? Same boat.

VORP has Embiid is the 30th best player in the NBA this year - that's absolutely absurd. Basketball's advanced metrics are still in their infancy stage - their motion camera's and trackers have not been made freely available to the public, which slows the progress a bit as well, but I thought basketball would be further around. 

The problem with player evaluation based on production in basketball is that not all production is equal. This goes back to impact players vs accumulators on bad teams. Separating those two out statistically is difficult which is how you run into Vucevic ranking out significantly higher than someone like Kawhi and Embiid in VORP. 

Finding accumulators on bad teams who will put it up when given the minutes is important in DFS - someone like Michael Beasley is a good example. Beasley is a bad NBA basketball player, but when he gets run he accumulates stats. Another example is Kenneth Faried - if you give Faried minutes, he will produce numbers but his game impact is typically negative. Separating out the real vs the artificial is the hardest part about advanced metrics in the NBA... once all the tracking information is made more readily available, analytics in basketball will take off. 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, Sleepy Harold said:

Saying this isn't a news flash to anyone, but judging how the above clown car keeps running, I wonder who eventually leaves first, one (both) of GarPax or RH/KW?  I'm just super thankful that I don't give 2 💩's about the Bulls, following two of JR's teams would be torture. 

I don't follow the Bulls or NBA either and the sport I always played the most was basketball. Love baseball but need other people or another person to play it. With basketball I could practice for hours at a time by myself. I could work on my off hand shooting and dribbling, my jumper , fadeaway, hook shot , banking, free throws, drop step, turnaround basically any offensive skill except passing.. Of course I was a huge Bulls fan in the Jordan era and even in the days of Chet Walker  SLoan and Van Lier and Bob Love as a kid. Basketball fell victim to the Sox, Bears and the rising interest in the Hawks when they started doing well. It's changed a lot since the 3 pointer and guards took over from dominating centers. The players are so talented now that everyone can attack the rim and few big men can stop or intimidate them. Seems like now it's just an endless parade of 3 pointers and free throws.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

13 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I don't use "ESPN" to evaluate players - I certainly don't base players on one stat or an ESPN made stat (ala Hollingers stats, which are absurd evaluations of talent because the bar John sets for replacement level is SO BAD that it doesn't accurately evaluate a player). For example, Hollinger sets his negative values for FG% around 32% or something (I can't remember the exact number off the top of my head, but that's absurdly low and gives positive production to anyone over that number. There are other examples for why Hollingers stats aren't great that are similar to that point). As I said, I keep an efficiency rating on every player I can, in part of my nightly projections which I change based on projected minutes. Yes, VORP is one of many stats one should consider, but VORP also has its shortcomings - mostly on the defensive side of the ball. 

Lastly, given that I would classify some of the best centers based on BR as PF's (such as AD who is a PF), I'd say center is the weakest. The only argument for a weaker position is PF if you want to classify someone like AD as a Center. I would argue that though.

Embiid is great - as is Jokic and Towns. After that? Based on VORP's values, Vucevic can't defend, and certainly hasn't been a top 10 player in basketball this year. Adams is an elite defender, but offensively he's still not great - but he fits that system. He's not carrying any teams though. Nurkic should be renamed Hackic because he can't play any significant minutes without fouling out of games. Gobert is a monster, but he's still so limited offensively. Capela? Same boat.

VORP has Embiid is the 30th best player in the NBA this year - that's absolutely absurd. Basketball's advanced metrics are still in their infancy stage - their motion camera's and trackers have not been made freely available to the public, which slows the progress a bit as well, but I thought basketball would be further around. 

The problem with player evaluation based on production in basketball is that not all production is equal. This goes back to impact players vs accumulators on bad teams. Separating those two out statistically is difficult which is how you run into Vucevic ranking out significantly higher than someone like Kawhi and Embiid in VORP. 

Finding accumulators on bad teams who will put it up when given the minutes is important in DFS - someone like Michael Beasley is a good example. Beasley is a bad NBA basketball player, but when he gets run he accumulates stats. Another example is Kenneth Faried - if you give Faried minutes, he will produce numbers but his game impact is typically negative. Separating out the real vs the artificial is the hardest part about advanced metrics in the NBA... once all the tracking information is made more readily available, analytics in basketball will take off. 

You dont have to over explain players putting up big numbers on bad teams, we all know what that means, just as people are completely aware Lavine and Lauri aren't #1 options on a playoff team. Though I see a lot of growth and maturity in Lavine's game during the season as a scorer, he could potentially be a hell of a #2 option. You're trashing on WCJ and his production which is way off base. Despite being the 3rd or 4th option on the team and getting lost in the shuffle which is typical for a 19 year old big, especially one who had a coaching change 20 games into his career. He still had a good rookie season by many standards. It's not hard to see him turning out to be a more athletic version of Al Horford - an efficient scorer with 3 pt range, a good passer and better rebounder and shot blocker.  Drafting 7th where the star potential players are gone, getting a strong asset to add to your core isn't the worst move. 

Sexton OTOH basically had free reign as an "accumulator" most of the year and he didn't look the part of being NBA ready. How much of the "potential" you saw was due to him being a primary scorer/handler on one of the worst offense? The one thing you're completely off is Sexton's potential. Even coming out of the draft he was a Eric Bledsoe comp, hardly a star by any means even if he turned out to be better than Bledsoe. He'd be a bad fit next to Lavine offense and defense wise, the risk and reward is not enough to forgo a quality prototypical modern day center like WCJ who's a great fit next to Lavine and Lauri.

I do not want to derail the thread any further and since this is PHT talk, I will leave it as this.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

You dont have to over explain players putting up big numbers on bad teams, we all know what that means, just as people are completely aware Lavine and Lauri aren't #1 options on a playoff team. Though I see a lot of growth and maturity in Lavine's game during the season as a scorer, he could potentially be a hell of a #2 option. You're trashing on WCJ and his production which is way off base. Despite being the 3rd or 4th option on the team and getting lost in the shuffle which is typical for a 19 year old big, especially one who had a coaching change 20 games into his career. He still had a good rookie season by many standards. It's not hard to see him turning out to be a more athletic version of Al Horford - an efficient scorer with 3 pt range, a good passer and better rebounder and shot blocker.  Drafting 7th where the star potential players are gone, getting a strong asset to add to your core isn't the worst move. 

Sexton OTOH basically had free reign as an "accumulator" most of the year and he didn't look the part of being NBA ready. How much of the "potential" you saw was due to him being a primary scorer/handler on one of the worst offense? The one thing you're completely off is Sexton's potential. Even coming out of the draft he was a Eric Bledsoe comp, hardly a star by any means even if he turned out to be better than Bledsoe. He'd be a bad fit next to Lavine offense and defense wise, the risk and reward is not enough to forgo a quality prototypical modern day center like WCJ who's a great fit next to Lavine and Lauri.

I do not want to derail the thread any further and since this is PHT talk, I will leave it as this.

A more athletic Al Horford? I don't see it - Horford is and was incredibly skilled. Horford can run an offense - most bigs cant do that. 

Horford is an All-Star caliber player. And I'm not trashing WCJ production FTR, I have trashed his actual impact and his tools/room for growth. I do not see the ceiling you do. Horford was helping to run the offense from the high post in college.

Eric Bledsoe is a really good NBA player - if Sexton was Bledsoe that would be a nice outcome. If he is better than Bledsoe he'd be a star. I'm also not drafting players due to their ability to fit with my current shitty players. 

We'll agree to disagree on WCJ. We're not going to budge in this one and that's fine. Appreciate the civil conversation and discussion. As for Lavine, I have enjoyed his growth over the past few months but I'm not sold on it yet. I'm hoping you're right and he is eventually good enough to be a #2 on a contender. I'd put him as a 3 but I am hoping I will be wrong.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Revisiting this after a bulls season, I think the bulls actually have a decent core. Otto, Zach, and Lauri are a solid foundation. Garpax has Kenny and Hahn beat so far.

They are decent, but can't stay healthy. Building an NBA team that makes the playoffs, ie being .500, isn't THAT difficult. 

The Bulls will get a decent draft pick, sign some second or third tier free agent, similar in effectiveness to a Jabari Parker, and talk playoffs. The free agent either will not fit in or get hurt. The draft pick will play decently but not outstanding, and everyone will continue to get injured, and they will miss the playoffs again and be in NBA hell. You can see it coming from 1000 miles away. 

The Athletic had a player poll. One out of 3 players polled said the coach they would not want to play for happens to be the Bulls coach who GarPax are very happy with. They are never wrong, like the Sox brass, everyone else is, results be damned.

They both are similar, and they both shouldn't be employed by professional sports franchises.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

They are decent, but can't stay healthy. Building an NBA team that makes the playoffs, ie being .500, isn't THAT difficult. 

The Bulls will get a decent draft pick, sign some second or third tier free agent, similar in effectiveness to a Jabari Parker, and talk playoffs. The free agent either will not fit in or get hurt. The draft pick will play decently but not outstanding, and everyone will continue to get injured, and they will miss the playoffs again and be in NBA hell. You can see it coming from 1000 miles away. 

The Athletic had a player poll. One out of 3 players polled said the coach they would not want to play for happens to be the Bulls coach who GarPax are very happy with. They are never wrong, like the Sox brass, everyone else is, results be damned.

They both are similar, and they both shouldn't be employed by professional sports franchises.

Sure they should have been fired a long time ago. But there's a path to them being dangerous this year. They need the lottery to go well but they have a pretty good chance of that happening. Then really it's about the bench(this involves adding Morant in the draft). They have the funds to do that this year.

As for WCJ on the other discussion. I'll make a quick point. He was 19 last year. Alot of the "injuries" this year I'll just say besides WCJ were suspicious. 

• 9 months later...
On 3/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, thxfrthmmrs said:

Sexton >>> WCJ

Sexton always had the tools; this past month he just had will be better than any month WCJ has in his entire career. 

Sexton is 21 years old, and he was an elite playmaker/scorer on the level of other NBA stars. 

Last month, Sexton graded out as the 14th best player in the league for that period of time. That's the ceiling and potential he has. He has become much more efficient in one year; the skies the limit for Sexton. He'd look nice next to Lavine - as would MPJ obviously. Instead the Bulls took a limited center.

Edit; sexton should say 24th not 14th.