3/1 vs Rangers, 2pm

flavum

18 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Eddie Alvarez walk, Steele Walker double , Luis Robert  3 run HR . Then Joel Booker walk , Chris Johnson HBP and RBI single by ZacK Collins. 4 run 9th gives Sox 8-5 lead headed to bottom of 9th.

Zach Thompson finishes it off  allowing a double to Pence but no runs for the save.

Robert the hitting star 2/2 triple, HR 4 rbi. Kids also did well . Jimenez, Madrigal,Walker and Collins all had a hit. Rivera, Booker L., Gonzalez all played.

Bernardo Flores with the win  2.1 IP 2 K no hits no runs no walks.

Nova 2.2 IP  1 H, I R, no K's or BB's.

Madrigal and Collins each had an error.

Quick!  Pin this post as the new banner!  It’s beautiful!  It may save some lives.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

I would be ok with AA. I think you don't move him from AA until he has shown he has mastered it, But in both AFL and ST he has faced better pitching than he will face in A+ and he has shown he is up to the task.

And also in ST last year. Still SSS but yes he's looked better against better pitching but that's probably due to health  more than anything.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

He played professionally for two years. His first year here he was way underslotted in DSL for tax reasons. 

I really really hate to ask this. Are you hinting that he didn't belong there and that the Sox purposely delayed his development because they are cheap ?

Yes I know they paid $50M for him .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I really really hate to ask this. Are you hinting that he didn't belong there and that the Sox purposely delayed his development because they are cheap ?

No they were doing it as a favor to Robert and it was likely pre negotiated to help sign him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think it was because Robert got to keep more of the money and pay less in taxes.

• Thanks 1

Robert broke his hand is ST last season on a slide....after he hit a home run in a prior plate appearance.

He has prodigious power and speed.

Yea, I have heard that bringing players up too soon supposedly ruins them for life, but I mostly disagree with that.  If a player is talented, he will rise to the level of competition.   So I am not one who believes in wasting youth away especially  for players that have his level of talent.  The age window for major league players to operate  at their prime seems like it is shrinking.  

If Luis Robert looks this good throughout the Spring and early on in the Minors. I'd bring him up with Eloy as a pair after the Super 2 qualification is no longer applicable.

Yes, I think Luis Robert is that good. We have a super star or two in the outfield with  Eloy and El Pantera.

27 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Quick!  Pin this post as the new banner!  It’s beautiful!  It may save some lives.

Don't get too excited. The guy the Sox rocked in the 9th was 35 yr old Tim Dillard who hasn't pitched in the majors since 2012 and hasn't had below a 5.00 ERA in AAA since 2014. Expecting his retirement soon

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moncada said:

sharp groundball past 3B and off of Cabrera for a double by the man, the myth, the legend Eloy

We really need to add two Eloys to our lineup while the others progress.

11 minutes ago, tray said:

Robert broke his hand is ST last season on a slide....after he hit a home run in a prior plate appearance.

Yea, I have heard that bringing players up too soon supposedly ruins them for life, but I mostly disagree with that.  If a player is talented, he will rise to the level of competition.   So I am not one who believes in wasting youth away especially  for players that have his level of talent.  The age window for major league players to operate  at their prime seems like it is shrinking.  

If Luis Robert looks this good throughout the Spring and early on in the Minors. I'd bring him up with Eloy as a pair after the Super 2 qualification is no longer applicable.

Yes, I think Luis Robert is that good. We have a super star or two in the outfield with  Eloy and El Pantera.

You make some valid points about shrinking player prime. But he's had so few AB's playing full season ball because of injuries, He should play another full season and be promoted to as High as AAA if need be. If he excels great, he can start the season in 2020 as our CF. He still has things to prove  like staying healthy and putting up good numbers  down there across every level.

1 hour ago, tray said:

I was at that game.  The home run was in the 9th inning and it was a grand slam.  The injury occurred BEFORE the slam.

4 hours ago, tray said:

I think that Luis Robert has the ability to move through the system like Acuña did for the Braves. I’m guess Luis starts in Birmingham, then gets to Charlotte around July. Once you get to Charlotte, you’re just a phone call away from the big club.

3 hours ago, Grindersrule said:

I was at that game.  The home run was in the 9th inning and it was a grand slam.  The injury occurred BEFORE the slam.

I  also saw the game and meant to word it that way....he hit a grand slam home run AFTER his hand was injured in a slide earlier in game. That is what made it even more incredible.  This guy is the real deal, maybe better than Eloy.

20 minutes ago, Quin said:

Eloy
Robert

And pick one: Adolfo, Rutherford, Gonzalez, Walker, Basabe

If you move Eloy to first and rotate outfielders into the DH slot, you could pick 3.  To me, they are closely bunched.  Have no idea who's going to be really good and who's going to bust.  Reminds me of when the Sox had Magglio, Cameron, and Jeff Abbott in the minors. Abbott couldn't throw and he changed his swing to try to get more power, which ruined his career.  The other two, obviously, had outstanding careers.

1 hour ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I think that Luis Robert has the ability to move through the system like Acuña did for the Braves. I’m guess Luis starts in Birmingham, then gets to Charlotte around July. Once you get to Charlotte, you’re just a phone call away from the big club.

No matter how well he does in the minors, I doubt the Sox would want Eloy and Lu Bob eligible for FA the same year.

11 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

If you move Eloy to first and rotate outfielders into the DH slot, you could pick 3.  To me, they are closely bunched.  Have no idea who's going to be really good and who's going to bust.  Reminds me of when the Sox had Magglio, Cameron, and Jeff Abbott in the minors. Abbott couldn't throw and he changed his swing to try to get more power, which ruined his career.  The other two, obviously, had outstanding careers.

No Cameron, no Konerko so clearly was the most valuable.