3/1 vs Rangers, 2pm

flavum

10 hours ago, tray said:

Robert broke his hand is ST last season on a slide....after he hit a home run in a prior plate appearance.

He has prodigious power and speed.

Yea, I have heard that bringing players up too soon supposedly ruins them for life, but I mostly disagree with that.  If a player is talented, he will rise to the level of competition.   So I am not one who believes in wasting youth away especially  for players that have his level of talent.  The age window for major league players to operate  at their prime seems like it is shrinking.  

If Luis Robert looks this good throughout the Spring and early on in the Minors. I'd bring him up with Eloy as a pair after the Super 2 qualification is no longer applicable.

Yes, I think Luis Robert is that good. We have a super star or two in the outfield with  Eloy and El Pantera.

You might have something there since the Sox really need to make a move of some kind to stanch the stench. Eloy Robert Palka Yoan TA Sanchez-Rondon Alonso Abreu Castillo might be worth watching come May. As for your comments about youth,  both Vlad and Tatis are just age 20. Robert is 21 and 7 months. This lineup actually has four native Cubans including Alonso who played college ball at U Miami. Rondon turns 25 tomorrow.