3/1 vs Rangers, 2pm

flavum

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

8-14 stealing in the minors last year

He was pretty worn down at the end of the year. Most elite base stealers are much worse in the second half than first - especially little guys. Look at Altuves splits. 

Being a ++ runner has more to do with first to third instincts and taking the extra base. 

Instincts wise the kid was incredible at Oregon state. I think he'll be good there. He's a smart kid but his legs will wear down faster for sure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Luis Robert has the loudest set of tools I've ever seen. His speed is truly mind blowing given his size.

Yup. Kid has the tools to be one of the greatest CFs we've ever seen. If he can just fulfill some of his potential he will be a great player.

3 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

Yup. Kid has the tools to be one of the greatest CFs we've ever seen. If he can just fulfill some of his potential he will be a great player.

Just needs his hit tool to catch up with everything else but the kid is so gifted idk see how it doesnt. The amazing thing is even if the hit tool doesnt come around, hes Mike Cameron with more raw power. Cameron had a hell of a big league career.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He was pretty worn down at the end of the year. Most elite base stealers are much worse in the second half than first - especially little guys. Look at Altuves splits. 

Being a ++ runner has more to do with first to third instincts and taking the extra base. 

Instincts wise the kid was incredible at Oregon state. I think he'll be good there. He's a smart kid but his legs will wear down faster for sure.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Just needs his hit tool to catch up with everything else but the kid is so gifted idk see how it doesnt. The amazing thing is even if the hit tool doesnt come around, hes Mike Cameron with more raw power. Cameron had a hell of a big league career.

And the guy we traded Cameron for had a hell of a career for the Sox...Paul Konerko

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, wouldnt change a thing but I dont think most baseball fans know how good Cameron was - 50+ career WAR.

Yes he did have a very nice career.  That was one of those trades that was actually future value for future value.  You do not see those too often these days...someone usually ends up on the wrong side of the deal.

Eddie Alvarez walk, Steele Walker double , Luis Robert  3 run HR . Then Joel Booker walk , Chris Johnson HBP and RBI single by ZacK Collins. 4 run 9th gives Sox 8-5 lead headed to bottom of 9th.

Zach Thompson finishes it off  allowing a double to Pence but no runs for the save.

Robert the hitting star 2/2 triple, HR 4 rbi. Kids also did well . Jimenez, Madrigal,Walker and Collins all had a hit. Rivera, Booker L., Gonzalez all played.

Bernardo Flores with the win  2.1 IP 2 K no hits no runs no walks.

Nova 2.2 IP  1 H, I R, no K's or BB's.

Madrigal and Collins each had an error.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he has a great spring I wonder what level he starts at . AA ? Is he headed there anyway or A+ ?

Ive wondered this a couple times on the futuresox board. At the end of last season I thought if he had a good AFL and spring he could move up to AA but some people thought he will go to A+ no matter what.

1 minute ago, yesterday333 said:

Ive wondered this a couple times on the futuresox board. At the end of last season I thought if he had a good AFL and spring he could move up to AA but some people thought he will go to A+ no matter what.

It's still the White Sox, I expect them to be as aggressive as they can. A good spring and I think it's probably >50/50 that he'd go to AA.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If he has a great spring I wonder what level he starts at . AA ? Is he headed there anyway or A+ ?

Really hope Winston-Salem to start and play everyday for at least two months. 

Biggest thing- please play 125+ games this year.

4 minutes ago, yesterday333 said:

If the AFL and so far in spring  is any indication at all how he does when he is healthy and starting to get it, he could be a fast riser.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

I’d rather Robert learn in AA than A tbh. He’s been stateside for two years, he’d get consistency with Vizquel, get to work on better breaking balls and a more challenging park.