Guess the Opening Day 25 Man

ChiSox59

1 minute ago, Scoots said:

I also think that once Santana is ready, one of either Covey or Frare gets sent down.

I just checked and couldn't find this in any of the first 5 articles - does he have one of those clauses where if he isn't called up by a certain date he must be released?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I just checked and couldn't find this in any of the first 5 articles - does he have one of those clauses where if he isn't called up by a certain date he must be released?

Possibly? I didnt know that was a thing, but I keep hearing their intention is to keep him in extended ST in AZ to get more innings in until they need that 5th starter. I know he had bad injury last year, but I trust him more than Covey to get the job done.

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

One of the beat guys, can't recall which one, Fegan or DVS I believe, has already said Santana will make his debut on 4/10 barring a setback in extended ST.  

2 hours ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Kinda surprised to see Frare make the roster. Obviously put up some impressive #’s in the minors, but 3 lefties in the pen? Guessing 1 of Frare or Banuelos gets the boot once we need a 5th starter?

Obviously I can’t know this for sure but I believe Frare would’ve made it over Banuelos if they had to choose. I think that he and Fry will be an excellent lefty reliever pairing for us long-term

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

It might, but that is also usually a mutual thing.  If the date was April 9th, and the Sox promised him a recall for an April 10th start, he isn't about to exercise his out clause.