To anyone "qutting being a Sox fan"

Nokona

You're an embarrassment.  This is the most little dicked thing I've ever heard.

The White Sox are more important to this city than Manny Machado or Jerry Reinsdorf.   If you look in your heart and feel no affection for what being a Sox fan in this city means, then we're better off without you.  

• Like 14
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

Honest Q - what does being a Sox fan mean anymore? Does it mean having a chip on your shoulder all the time? Is it just being antagonistic to the Cubs fans? It sure doesn't mean stanning a winning ballclub.

I'm not sure anything in that post is true. Why do we exist?

• Like 7

It's ironic because most die hard fans ridicule the casual fan for being a fair weather fan... yet the die hard fans are quitting the fanbase because the Sox didnt sign someone who has never been on the Sox before.

I said it before but this isnt even the 3rd worst thing that has happened being a sox fan since 1994. 

Sox finally rebuild and sign international talent to big money deals and everyone is going to quit when things start looking up because they fucked up signing machado because Jerry is a stingy dolt.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I'll little dick your woman...and she will like it. Dont tell a fan what emotions they can't feel. That is the definition of an asshole.

But theyre not a fan anymore so who cares?

People who feel the need to post that they're not a fan of the team anymore on a forum of the teams fans because they didnt get what they want is the definition of a child.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

But theyre not a fan anymore so who cares?

People who feel the need to post that they're not a fan of the team anymore on a forum of the teams fans because they didnt get what they want is the definition of a child.

This off-season has been a roller coaster ride for all of us. Posts like the OP sounds so silly considering what we all went through together. I haven't sworn them off and that is silly, but give people their own time and space. JR literally caused ulcers and grief beyond repair to some.

• Like 3

If the rebuild were going well the free agent failures would've been taken more in stride. But we have had to watch Acuna and Soto go wild while Tatis Jr. has ascended to being the top prospect in baseball. The frustration you're seeing is a culmination of a lot of things.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KiwiSox said:

If the rebuild were going well the free agent failures would've been taken more in stride. But we have had to watch Acuna and Soto go wild while Tatis Jr. has ascended to being the top prospect in baseball. The frustration you're seeing is a culmination of a lot of things.

Stop.  Our talent under 25 has no comparison.  It’s not even close IMO, and I’ve checked into the farms of the padres and braves.  

I’d still bet on Moncada being the better player over Tatis- dude has bust written all over him to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Stop.  Our talent under 25 has no comparison.  It’s not even close IMO, and I’ve checked into the farms of the padres and braves.  

I’d still bet on Moncada being the better player over Tatis- dude has bust written all over him to me. 

I'd trade places with both those franchises without even hesitation or second thought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Unknown said:

You can still be a fan without spending money on the team. 

Bingo. That is where I'm at. I will never say I'll stop being a Sox fan. Can't do it. But I sure as hell won't give JR a dime of my money to go to games. I'll comfortably watch on TV or laptop and support the boys. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Dont look at the Ray's then

I get it.  It has been years of failure from this organization.  Failure on the field, failure drafting, failure developing, failure in the international market and of course, failure in free agency,

I'm not giving up my fandom.  I don't think I could even if that is what I wanted.  It has been a part of my life for my whole life.  But right now I feel used, beat up and taken for granted.  

It isn't the failure that has made me angry this offseason.  It is how the front office has treated the failure.  They seem petty, ignorant, and incompetent.  Maybe they aren't.  Maybe they just don't know how to deal with the failure.  I am sure there is pride in that front office, and this offseason, and the last 10 seasons, have been a kick right to that pride.  

I'm not giving up, because I am invested in the team, mentally and emotionally.  I have watched too many terrible streams on MiLB TV from Birmingham and Winston Salem to give up.  I can't wait to see Eloy.  I can't wait for Robert.  I can't wait for opponents to face Kopech and Cease on back to back days.  But for this year, well, I am going to try to not be invested.  I will check in on games because that is my way.  It is what I do.  I will watch Eloy and Moncada, Rodon and Lopez.  But I am also going to spend more time using my MLB.tv to watch the Cards, a team that always tries to win.  I'll watch great pitchers and matchups.  I'll spend more time watching Mike Trout.  I sure as hell won't spend any time on the Padres though.  

I'm not giving up, but I may take a bit of a break.  I won't fight for the pride of my team.  I feel beat up.  I feel exhausted by being a fan.  I still love the game.  I love the team, that is the only way I could be this pissed.  But how this front office has treated the fans is absurd.  When I saw that quote from Middleton about signing Harper so they wouldn't let the fans down, I could honestly never imagine the Sox feeling that way.  And that sucks.  The team seems apathetic to the fans.  I'm going to give that back to them for a while.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I get it.  It has been years of failure from this organization.  Failure on the field, failure drafting, failure developing, failure in the international market and of course, failure in free agency,

I'm not giving up my fandom.  I don't think I could even if that is what I wanted.  It has been a part of my life for my whole life.  But right now I feel used, beat up and taken for granted.  

It isn't the failure that has made me angry this offseason.  It is how the front office has treated the failure.  They seem petty, ignorant, and incompetent.  Maybe they aren't.  Maybe they just don't know how to deal with the failure.  I am sure there is pride in that front office, and this offseason, and the last 10 seasons, have been a kick right to that pride.  

I'm not giving up, because I am invested in the team, mentally and emotionally.  I have watched too many terrible streams on MiLB TV from Birmingham and Winston Salem to give up.  I can't wait to see Eloy.  I can't wait for Robert.  I can't wait for opponents to face Kopech and Cease on back to back days.  But for this year, well, I am going to try to not be invested.  I will check in on games because that is my way.  It is what I do.  I will watch Eloy and Moncada, Rodon and Lopez.  But I am also going to spend more time using my MLB.tv to watch the Cards, a team that always tries to win.  I'll watch great pitchers and matchups.  I'll spend more time watching Mike Trout.  I sure as hell won't spend any time on the Padres though.  

I'm not giving up, but I may take a bit of a break.  I won't fight for the pride of my team.  I feel beat up.  I feel exhausted by being a fan.  I still love the game.  I love the team, that is the only way I could be this pissed.  But how this front office has treated the fans is absurd.  When I saw that quote from Middleton about signing Harper so they wouldn't let the fans down, I could honestly never imagine the Sox feeling that way.  And that sucks.  The team seems apathetic to the fans.  I'm going to give that back to them for a while.

Well said. 

Last year I tuned in less than ever but I still followed everyday. I'm just not going to invest 3 hours a day 162 days a year on someone who isnt investing in winning yet. I'll still follow but I'm not recording games anymore and watching later. I will again one day, just not now.

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Nobody said the rebuild would be easy... A lot of years of suffering involved. My only thing is I watch the games but going through a year of Benetti with a bad team is gonna be tough

Eh, hawk would have been 1000 times worse. Guy would go innings without talking. Hawk is a depressing announcer when they're really bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Congrats dude. You are the only person on earth that is not employed by the White Sox who thinks that the White Sox have the best collection of under 25 talent in baseball.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Bingo. That is where I'm at. I will never say I'll stop being a Sox fan. Can't do it. But I sure as hell won't give JR a dime of my money to go to games. I'll comfortably watch on TV or laptop and support the boys. 

By watching on any device you contribute revenue to the Sox.