To anyone "qutting being a Sox fan"

Nokona

2 hours ago, Nokona said:

You're an embarrassment.  This is the most little dicked thing I've ever heard.

The White Sox are more important to this city than Manny Machado or Jerry Reinsdorf.   If you look in your heart and feel no affection for what being a Sox fan in this city means, then we're better off without you.  

People can spend their time and money however they want. If you think they’re going to listen to your meaningless  platitudes on a message board, you’re delusional. The White Sox have done nothing to put a good product on the field and you can’t fault fans for taking a break. Wake up. 

Edited by NCsoxfan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The part I'm still struggling to get a grasp on is how not signing a $300 million ballplayer because you came in at $250 million was the breaking point of turning in your fan card.  

In my wildest dreams I ever thought the Sox would ever be in the conversation for a $100 million baseball player, let alone one at $250 million. 

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The part I'm still struggling to get a grasp on is how not signing a $300 million ballplayer because you came in at $250 million was the breaking point of turning in your fan card.  

In my wildest dreams I ever thought the Sox would ever be in the conversation for a $100 million baseball player, let alone one at $250 million. 

You’re completely missing the point.

It’s not that they missed out. It’s that they openly talked about going after the big FAs (saying they could even do two!), saying money wasn’t an object, only to find out money was an object!  

They then proceed to insult our intelligence with bumbling interviews from KW that contradict everything they’ve said. 

You’re not going to sign premium FAs as a bottom dweller by trying to get cute and save a few mil per year - period. They screwed it up. They could’ve shut their mouths and methodically went about a plan to sign a handful of tier 2 FAs instead of the Machado in laws and beer drinking buddies.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, NCsoxfan said:

You’re completely missing the point.

It’s not that they missed out. It’s that they openly talked about going after the big FAs (saying they could even do two!), saying money wasn’t an object, only to find out money was an object!  

They then proceed to insult our intelligence with bumbling interviews from KW that contradict everything they’ve said. 

You’re not going to sign premium FAs as a bottom dweller by trying to get cute and save a few mil per year - period. They screwed it up. They could’ve shut their mouths and methodically went about a plan to sign a handful of tier 2 FAs instead of the Machado in laws and beer drinking buddies.

Well, I guess your also missing my point.  So missing out on Free Agency and feeling insulted (for wherever reason on what they said) is also your breaking point to be done with the Sox? 

Like the OP said, let's grow some balls.  Move on.  The White Sox mean more to me than anything the Clown Car Front Office can do to ruin it.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Stop.  Our talent under 25 has no comparison.  It’s not even close IMO, and I’ve checked into the farms of the padres and braves.  

I’d still bet on Moncada being the better player over Tatis- dude has bust written all over him to me. 

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Congrats dude. You are the only person on earth that is not employed by the White Sox who thinks that the White Sox have the best collection of under 25 talent in baseball.

I'll agree with both of you. The Sox have the most players that could be superstars in baseball, but they don't have the most talent. Moncada, Eloy, Robert, Kopech, and Cease all have Superstar/Ace potential. I don't think another team has 5 players you could say that about. 

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Bingo. That is where I'm at. I will never say I'll stop being a Sox fan. Can't do it. But I sure as hell won't give JR a dime of my money to go to games. I'll comfortably watch on TV or laptop and support the boys. 

I agree here. I'm going to pick a team to follow each year outside of the Sox until JR is no longer the owner unless the Sox get good. 

Candidates are currently: Oakland, San Diego, Tampa Bay and Boston(because I've always had a soft spot for the Sawx)

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

People saying they won’t be fans anymore are hurt, betrayed, etc. You don’t feel that way unless you care. People react differently when they feel that way and as long as they aren’t hurting anybody fuck off and let them get the frustrations out. 

I created a venting thread for a reason. Maybe people should use it. 

5 hours ago, Nokona said:

You're an embarrassment.  This is the most little dicked thing I've ever heard.

The White Sox are more important to this city than Manny Machado or Jerry Reinsdorf.   If you look in your heart and feel no affection for what being a Sox fan in this city means, then we're better off without you.  

Not quitting being a fan, but shut the fuck up.  Seriously, your post made me throw up in my mouth.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, EvilJester99 said:

Pretty much if you choose to stop being a Sox fan.. good luck, God bless in your search for a new team. 

I’ve lived in a few cities but I consider Toronto my home. Wouldn’t be hard to find a new team, in theory. 

But the White Sox will be my team until I die. However, I already cancelled a trip to Chicago this summer, and will go to the east coast instead. Not many other ways to express my displeasure than to not give my money. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Well, I guess your also missing my point.  So missing out on Free Agency and feeling insulted (for wherever reason on what they said) is also your breaking point to be done with the Sox? 

Like the OP said, let's grow some balls.  Move on.  The White Sox mean more to me than anything the Clown Car Front Office can do to ruin it.  

If you are excited that they offered $250 when $50 million more was required, then you are feeding right into JR, Kenny, and Hahn’s hands.  Get back to me when that $250 million is actually spent.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

You have some sad expectations there my friend.  Regardless, it’s a turning point for many because the front office claimed they were serious about these pursuits and had planned them for two years only to come up well short on Machado and not even making an offer for Harper despite it being a team-friendly suppressed market.  In one fair swoop the front office displayed an incredible level of incompetence and our ownership group proved once again they’re cheap and unwilling to pay market price for legit stars.  This miss is a dagger to any hope we have of supplementing the rebuild with young, impact talent through free agency and that fucking sucks.

• Like 5

The White Sox are that girl I always considered to be hot but then I got to know another side of her and realized she was dumb, shallow, and didn’t give a shit about me. I just can’t see that girl in the same light after that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Besides the White Sox, i'm also a fan of the NY Jets.  

I must have an inferiority complex or something.

Anyway, my like became love.

My love became obsession.

My obsession turned to hate.

I hate the Jets.

My hatred of the Jets burns to the core of my soul.

I FUCKING HATE the Jets and all the pathetic ways they find to be the fucking losers they always will be.

But I still love them too.

The only reason I haven't quit them is I just know they'll win it all just to spite me the minute I do.

I haven't reached that point of hatred to the Sox yet.

Probably because 2005 reset my internal hate clock.

I have, however, reached the point where I won't support the team financially.

I won't go out of my way to watch them on tv and I sure as hell won't be going to the stadium anytime soon.

Edited by black jack
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Good point of view. I was a fan before any of the current management was here, including the owner, and I will be a fan after they are all gone, including the owner.

• Thanks 1

These are just people venting. FYI the Sox succession plan will proceed from an estate sale due to tax considerations. I doubt that any future owners have been discussed or identified. My personal preference would be Mark Cuban and I would welcome his near-term involvement as an investor.  

15 minutes ago, pcq said:

These are just people venting. FYI the Sox succession plan will proceed from an estate sale due to tax considerations. I doubt that any future owners have been discussed or identified. My personal preference would be Mark Cuban and I would welcome his near-term involvement as an investor.  

A Mark Cuban would be awesome. The only thing better would of been if we got an owner like him in time for this winter's free agent class. Might not see anything like this again for 10 years.