To anyone "qutting being a Sox fan"

Nokona

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's a game. Ownership and the front office arent who fans pay to watch. 

I'll enjoy the players here while still being upset with ownership. 

I'll move on to baseball because it's a game I enjoy following and watching and I'm not going to let JR ruin the fun and enjoyment I get from the game.

Look, if you want to view this as just a game and are willing to accept a second-class product that’s on you then.  I have zero right to tell you otherwise if your end-game is just watching baseball.  But if this is more than just a game to you and you are actually invested in this franchise then you should be outraged right now by this organization’s incompetence and at a very minimum allow those of us upset some time to react accordingly.  The White Sox unlike any other sports team in Chicago have special meaning for me and I will not sit idly and let these clowns continue to destroy this franchise.  My actions alone will have little to no impact, but I plan to play my part in hopes that a broader fan reaction can help drive some form of change or accountability.  Again, you don’t have to be a part of that, but I don’t appreciate the “it’s time to move on” or “it’s just a game” BS from posters who have just accepted this franchise’s mediocrity.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Look, if you want to view this as just a game and are willing to accept a second-class product that’s on you then.  I have zero right to tell you otherwise if your end-game is just watching baseball.  But if this is more than just a game to you and you are actually invested in this franchise then you should be outraged right now by this organization’s incompetence and at a very minimum allow those of us upset some time to react accordingly.  The White Sox unlike any other sports team in Chicago have special meaning for me and I will not sit idly and let these clowns continue to destroy this franchise.  My actions alone will have little to no impact, but I plan to play my part in hopes that a broader fan reaction can help drive some form of change or accountability.  Again, you don’t have to be a part of that, but I don’t appreciate the “it’s time to move on” or “it’s just a game” BS from posters who have just accepted this franchise’s mediocrity.

What do you mean invested? I split season tickets and I'm not happy with the lack of signing but I'm also not ending like this is the worst wrong of all time.

I have no idea why you think you're going to cause Jerry reinsdorf to start spending big money or holding executives accountable. Sox havent drawn in over a decade - not even when spending much of a year in first. Sox fans want their ownership to act like a big market team but they dont support them like a big market team. 

You're allowing people who dont even play the game ruin it for you. It makes no sense. Unless you're a baseball fan because you like the business side of it but idk anyone that started watching baseball because they were a fan of Jerry reinsdorf. I'm not "viewing" it as a game pal, that's what it literally is.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

No accountability for what?  News flash: They are alteady drawing about 15K of actual physical bodies in the stands almost every weeknight.  TV ratings are in the dumps.

We act as if we were Cub Nation or something where with all the years of suckage the fans were always there packing the place.

Good...and they should get worse until this organization creates a culture of accountability and shows a commitment to win.  Right now they’ve done neither and there’s still room to attack the bottom of line and force some change.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What do you mean invested? I split season tickets and I'm not happy with the lack of signing but I'm also not ending like this is the worst wrong of all time.

I have no idea why you think you're going to cause Jerry reinsdorf to start spending big money or holding executives accountable. Sox havent drawn in over a decade - not even when spending much of a year in first. Sox fans want their ownership to act like a big market team but they dont support them like a big market team. 

You're allowing people who dont even play the game ruin it for you. It makes no sense. Unless you're a baseball fan because you like the business side of it but idk anyone that started watching baseball because they were a fan of Jerry reinsdorf. I'm not "viewing" it as a game pal, that's what it literally is.

There it is, blame the fans for not supporting a shit product.  I actually enjoy your overall contributions to the site, but I completely disagree with your assessment on the business side of things.  And what wrongs are worse than this?  White Flag?  Strike?  What else is even close?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Good...and they should get worse until this organization creates a culture of accountability and shows a commitment to win.  Right now they’ve done neither and there’s still room to attack the bottom of line and force some change.

It can't get any worse.  I think that's where many fans are sadly mistaken.  Teams like the Sox are surviving solely on Revenue sharing from TV and Merchandise.   

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

There it is, blame the fans for not supporting a shit product.  I actually enjoy your overall contributions to the site, but I completely disagree with your assessment on the business side of things.  And what wrongs are worse than this?  White Flag?  Strike?  What else is even close?

I don't disagree with you, CWS. They have their logic backward. It should be: "If we build it, they will come" but instead it is "If they come, we MIGHT build it" which is unacceptable. The fan blaming has to stop. They need to take a look in the mirror. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I'm not blaming the fans, for the record - I completely, 100%, understood the fans who left after '94. That was one of the most egregious acts by ownership in the history of sports. This is no where near as bad as '94. Not even in the same hemisphere.

People had waited 80 years for a chance at a team that good, and Jerry put the BUSINESS before the fans when he had the best group of players in the business. That has always been the case with Jerry. Great guy to work for, not the best guy rely on for big spending. 

The strike was so much worse I have no idea how you can even argue otherwise. It deprived us of the thing we are fans of - the game. There was no one to get mad at because there was nothing to watch or follow. 

The White Sox missed out on a free agent. It has happened before and it will happen again. Kenny WIlliams is a moron - he was a moron before and he'll be a moron tomorrow. 

but... all that said. The White Sox fans give them an excuse by never showing up. If the White Sox sold out every game, do you honestly think the White Sox would have an 80 million dollar payroll? Absolutely not. If the White Sox were better do I think they'd sell more tickets? Absolutely. But it's a two way street, and while winning is the fault of the club and the most important thing, the fans also don't help because they don't support winners until it's over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I don't disagree with you, CWS. They have their logic backward. It should be: "If we build it, they will come" but instead it is "If they come, we MIGHT build it" which is unacceptable. The fan blaming has to stop. They need to take a look in the mirror. 

100% agree Jack.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It can't get any worse.  I think that's where many fans are sadly mistaken.  Teams like the Sox are surviving solely on Revenue sharing from TV and Merchandise.   

The word "surviving" is rather misleading. The White Sox are flourishing, make no mistake about that. It's impossible to own anything in the sports industry that was bought prior to the boom and not be flourishing. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The word "surviving" is rather misleading. The White Sox are flourishing, make no mistake about that. It's impossible to own anything in the sports industry that was bought prior to the boom and not be flourishing. 

Ok, but point being it has not much to do about fans supporting or not supporting the team. 

57 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm not blaming the fans, for the record - I completely, 100%, understood the fans who left after '94. That was one of the most egregious acts by ownership in the history of sports. This is no where near as bad as '94. Not even in the same hemisphere.

People had waited 80 years for a chance at a team that good, and Jerry put the BUSINESS before the fans when he had the best group of players in the business. That has always been the case with Jerry. Great guy to work for, not the best guy rely on for big spending. 

The strike was so much worse I have no idea how you can even argue otherwise. It deprived us of the thing we are fans of - the game. There was no one to get mad at because there was nothing to watch or follow. 

The White Sox missed out on a free agent. It has happened before and it will happen again. Kenny WIlliams is a moron - he was a moron before and he'll be a moron tomorrow. 

but... all that said. The White Sox fans give them an excuse by never showing up. If the White Sox sold out every game, do you honestly think the White Sox would have an 80 million dollar payroll? Absolutely not. If the White Sox were better do I think they'd sell more tickets? Absolutely. But it's a two way street, and while winning is the fault of the club and the most important thing, the fans also don't help because they don't support winners until it's over.

If our beleaguered fan base is slow to supporting “winners”, it’s because there have been so few of them throughout the team’s history.  Just 9 trips to the postseason in the 118 years of the team’s existence.  So don’t go down this “it’s a two way street” baloney when it comes to the fans’ responsibility in all of this.  We are the consumers of a product that has been very bad for a very long time now.  

It’s a one way street at the moment with the sole responsibility to turn this mess around squarely on the owner and management team’s shoulders.  And you saw in the past ten days or so how seriously they took that responsibility, despite having all of the means and resources to do so.  They have earned the low attendance figures, the rock bottom TV/radio ratings, and now the ire of a long-abused fan base over this latest in a long running list of failures and franchise-crippling decisions perpetrated by the billionaire Reinsdorf and his goon management team.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

People have a right to spend their time however they want. There is no reason this season i should spend 3 hours a day watching them this year or spending my money at the ballpark. I will watch eloy day whenever that comes. If you look in your heart and feel you need to watch every game this year and support this organization your a few crayons short of a full box.

• Haha 1

I agree with Jack Parkman. The fan-blaming has to stop. It has been going on for decades and there is no proof it helps the situation any. In fact, there is plenty of indication that it hurts the franchise as a whole.

I am a fan, and want to remain one, but I also would like the team to do things that instill confidence. Instead, many times I am left shaking my head.

There needs to be real improvement in 2019. It has to show in the record, and it has to show in the development of young players. The team just can't say it is rebuilding. If you want fan loyalty, you have to do something to earn it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1