3/4 vs Angels

justBLAZE

9 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Jo Adell, who is the #14 prospect on the MLB Pipeline top prospects list, was selected #10 overall by the Angels right before the Sox took Burger at #11.  Just one spot away, just like missing out on Benintendi at #7 in 2015 and then selecting Fulmer at #8.  I guess the old saying "Timing is everything" is particularly true when it comes to the crapshoot known as the draft.  

Just tell that to those who were again rooting for losses those years ( and for years to now follow )

16 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Jo Adell, who is the #14 prospect on the MLB Pipeline top prospects list, was selected #10 overall by the Angels right before the Sox took Burger at #11.  Just one spot away, just like missing out on Benintendi at #7 in 2015 and then selecting Fulmer at #8.  I guess the old saying "Timing is everything" is particularly true when it comes to the crapshoot known as the draft.  

Adell was a "toolsy" prospect and the Sox were all in on college players by that time.  Big gap between Burger and Adell re type of prospect.  I doubt they would have drafted him.

19 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Adell was a "toolsy" prospect and the Sox were all in on college players by that time.  Big gap between Burger and Adell re type of prospect.  I doubt they would have drafted him.

Its hard to tell with them. We thought they'd be all over rutherford in 16 and drafted collins. But 17 sounds like the one draft that it fell to them in the least opportune way. They had smoke around Adell and I think they would have taken him, but they had way more smoke around Jeren Kendell and they took burger. 

That draft though was riddled with unathletic college hitters with good power and k : bb rates, which all fit burger.

• bmags unpinned this topic