3/5 - Home vs. Pads (Giolito) / Away vs. Cleveland (Cease!!!)

bmags

• bmags pinned this topic

Question:  Does anyone know what *3 Inn* on the bottom of Ricky’s lineup card means?   Yesterday’s lineup card had *5 Inn* on the bottom of the card.  Luis Robert has been in the *3 Inn* and *5 Inn* group the last 2 games.  I hope he is not injured again.  I was at the Sox-Rangers game on Friday when Robert hit the triple and 9th inning game winning 3-run homer.  He seemed fine after the game but he hasn’t played at all since that game.   Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.  

13 minutes ago, Bubba P5 said:

Question:  Does anyone know what *3 Inn* on the bottom of Ricky’s lineup card means?   Yesterday’s lineup card had *5 Inn* on the bottom of the card.  Luis Robert has been in the *3 Inn* and *5 Inn* group the last 2 games.  I hope he is not injured again.  I was at the Sox-Rangers game on Friday when Robert hit the triple and 9th inning game winning 3-run homer.  He seemed fine after the game but he hasn’t played at all since that game.   Any explanation would be greatly appreciated.  

I assume its the substitute group but you are right I haven't seen robert in since friday. Also strange that Basabe is in that group.

13 minutes ago, Bubba P5 said:

That means they’re required to be in the dugout for that amount of time to be a good teammate, then they head out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

I assume its the substitute group but you are right I haven't seen robert in since friday. Also strange that Basabe is in that group.

That’s definitely the “out” group he’s included with.  He’s probably hurt

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That’s definitely the “out” group he’s included with.  He’s probably hurt

If so, I wonder what his injury is this time.  The kid is such an outstanding talent if he could just stay healthy.  

9 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Robert has a jammed thumb

😩

I have never seen any player get as many sliding injuries as him. I have to wonder if most players play through it?

For a while since he bulked up so much between his cuban leagues and US debut I thought his body was adjusting, but it's ridiculous now. 

2 hours ago, Bubba P5 said:

Pretty sure the 3-inning / 5-inning thing is the penalty for not running out a grounder. Ricky makes the player stare into the sun for 3 straight innings. This is especially bad considering today is a Giolito start, we all know how long his innings can last.

edit: words

Edited by Charlie Haeger's Knuckles
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Oh come on, you know nothing that has been said on this board this offseason has been accurate :)

It's going to be a form of accurate. Waiting for some "breaking: Nick madrigal suspended 80 games for violating mlbs performance enhancing drugs policy"

• bmags unpinned this topic