3/5 - Home vs. Pads (Giolito) / Away vs. Cleveland (Cease!!!)

bmags

1 minute ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

I'm guessing that L is now in reference to the game's likely outcome with Leury getting 4 ABs

This is insane. Leury is the best outfielder on this team.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Cease went one inning. Have to figure this was planned.

Cease is going to be moved along as slowly as humanly possible as the Sox would like to get him some big league looks late in the season assuming nothing derails his path. 

They made it clear that Cease would probably be the least used arm in spring this year.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I have never seen any player get as many sliding injuries as him. I have to wonder if most players play through it?

For a while since he bulked up so much between his cuban leagues and US debut I thought his body was adjusting, but it's ridiculous now. 

You would play through a jammed thumb during the season. A jammed thumb is something you play with quite a bit in your career. During spring it makes no sense to play through it though. 

I would say, no more head first slides though. Enough is a enough. They should weed themselves out of the game.

14 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

You would play through a jammed thumb during the season. A jammed thumb is something you play with quite a bit in your career. During spring it makes no sense to play through it though. 

I would say, no more head first slides though. Enough is a enough. They should weed themselves out of the game.

He injured it the first time on a feet first slide.

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Giolito kind of "meh" today, Minaya looked brutal yet again. How many chances is this stiff going to keep getting from this organization?

I am not a big Minaya guy myself, but in the second half of last season he had a 3.18 ERA across 28.1 IP with 34 Ks against 12 BBs.  He's nothing special, but you can do alot worse for a middle reliever.  If the Sox got rid of every reliever you called a "stiff", they'd have no one left.  

• bmags unpinned this topic