3/5 - Home vs. Pads (Giolito) / Away vs. Cleveland (Cease!!!)

bmags

1 hour ago, BFirebird said:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that video.

it's an incredibly rare trait in a slugger to not get pull happy on pitches like that and really what allowed frank (and hopefully eloy) to hit for such a high average with power.  the pitch recognition and plate awareness and hand eye and raw power of Eloy is very, very similar to Frank.  Not the same batting eye, few except an elite inner circle of HOFers had Frank's eye, but Eloy can hit for more power given the emphasis on launch angle these days.

If Eloy doesn't have at least one 300/600 season I'd be shocked.  He'll have an iso of .300 and a BA of .300 in his career at least once.  In fact I'd put the over under at 3 of them.

54 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

it's an incredibly rare trait in a slugger to not get pull happy on pitches like that and really what allowed frank (and hopefully eloy) to hit for such a high average with power.  the pitch recognition and plate awareness and hand eye and raw power of Eloy is very, very similar to Frank.  Not the same batting eye, few except an elite inner circle of HOFers had Frank's eye, but Eloy can hit for more power given the emphasis on launch angle these days.

If Eloy doesn't have at least one 300/600 season I'd be shocked.  He'll have an iso of .300 and a BA of .300 in his career at least once.  In fact I'd put the over under at 3 of them.

I completely agree.  This is what makes Moncada maddening to me.  When he is swinging it really well he hits to all fields, when he starts to get pull happy he does not stay with the ball well.  Maybe having someone like Eloy will help Yoan stay on the ball more.

• Like 2