Roster Cuts Thread

flavum

2 hours ago, pcq said:

Per Bruce Cubs are looking for a cf. Would they consider Jay. 

I was reading that they missed out on Maldonado for a backup catcher role. Can they even afford Jay right now? Also, isn't there a rule about guys signing MLB deals not being able to be traded until a certain date?

Edited by soxfan2014

15 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I was reading that they missed out on Maldonado for a backup catcher role. Can they even afford Jay right now. Also, isn't there a rule about guys signing MLB deals not being able to be traded until a certain date?

But Cubs fans told me all offseason that they could easily afford Bryce Harper!

• Haha 1

With all the hard-throwing righties they have coming up for the pen, still shaking my head at how they prioritized Herrera and Colome this off-season.  Charlotte’s pen is going to be crazy, Birmingham figures to be stacked as well.

My guess is that Engel did not make the team.

With Banuelos in the pen that means Santana is breaking with the club, they’re only going with 4 SP, or they’ll stack Covey/Banuelos as an opener for the 5th spot to start.

Edited by ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

With all the hard-throwing righties they have coming up for the pen, still shaking my head at how they prioritized Herrera and Colome this off-season.  Charlotte’s pen is going to be crazy, Birmingham figures to be stacked as well.

My guess is that Engel did not make the team.

I’m assuming they trade at least two of Colome, Herrera, & Jones before the deadline and possibly all three.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m assuming they trade at least two of Colome, Herrera, & Jones before the deadline and possibly all three.

Jones had a rough spring. Wonder if they held till July if his value would be higher. 

On 3/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, ChiSox59 said:

They could just let Palka hack away at LHP as well.  Pretty much have to platoon Alonso though so he doesn't hit his vesting option.

RHP: Jay CF, Moncada 3B, Eloy LF, Abreu DH, Alonso 1B, Castillo C, Palka LF, Anderson SS, Sanchez 2B

LHP: Jay RF, Sanchez 2B, Eloy LF, Abreu 1B, Castillo C, Anderson SS, Moncada 2B, Palka/Rondon DH, Engel CF 

Jay in CF and Jay in against both RHP and LHP is an affront to Leury and the pitching staff.  Leury deserves mucho tiempo in the OF .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jake said:

Hahn said on broadcast that Rondon is on the team.

I think team will wait to put Santana on the roster until April 10th, delaying the final position player cut until then.

No, I think Covey is going to be the cut when Santana goes down. Banuelos is the long man after that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

57 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Jones will likely be on the 60 day DL and shut down by July. Him and Herrera are going to contribute very little this year. 

That is a reasonable take on Nate.  Herrera not so much.

By the way - do you have any single post out of your 171 that aren't blatantly negative?  

• Haha 1