Roster Cuts Thread

flavum

23 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

For sure. You would just think one of the most veteran minor leaguers in the system who could conceivably see roster time this year make the final 58 players. That's a rough look.

If anyone thought Guerrero was anything,  he would have been a rule 5 pick. He is an org guy.

Guerrero is an org. guy at this point, but there are a lot of org. guys that haven't officially been orged yet.
I see that Chris Johnson is with the team.  I recall the Indians giving him the Keppinger treatment, but he didn't quit like Keppinger did.

I am disappointed that they sent Madrigal down. I know he had no chance to come up with the team but I just wanted to see him play in several games to get a better sense of what his potential might be.

I'm less interested to see Alonzo,  Jay, Castillo, Leury Garcia, Palka, Ddelmonico, Engel..guys that are just placeholders during another tank year or maybe two.  

47 minutes ago, tray said:

I am disappointed that they sent Madrigal down. I know he had no chance to come up with the team but I just wanted to see him play in several games to get a better sense of what his potential might be.

I'm less interested to see Alonzo,  Jay, Castillo, Leury Garcia, Palka, Ddelmonico, Engel..guys that are just placeholders during another tank year or maybe two.  

We'll all be keeping an eye on Madrigal as he starts the season in high A ball. I fully expect him to finish the second half of the season in AA though. 

14 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

We'll all be keeping an eye on Madrigal as he starts the season in high A ball. I fully expect him to finish the second half of the season in AA though. 

I bet he will finish in AAA.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tray said:

This.  As well as people making the trek out west to watch the Sox pla wanted to see Madrigal.  It's still only the first week of March.

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Damn eloy got cut early

When he mashes in B games and against AA/AAA hitters, we’ll surely get a series of puff pieces out of Merkin.  One with Thome saying encouraging things about being patient, that his time will eventually come.  If they quote his spring stats as the reason, well, Hahn will do spin this exactly as we all expect.

Yesterday’s rainouts now doubly suck because Jimenez, Robert and even Madrigal were all slated to start.

11 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I've never been less excited for an Opening Day.  Pretty sure that's the 5th year in a row I've said that. 

Ever since I started working, every single day of my life is worse than the day before. So when you see me, that’s on the worst day of my life. 

• Like 2