Jump to content
flavum

Roster Cuts Thread

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, pcq said:

Per Bruce Cubs are looking for a cf. Would they consider Jay. 

JBJ must have been a Theo pick and I think he is available for the right price.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pcq said:

Per Bruce Cubs are looking for a cf. Would they consider Jay. 

I was reading that they missed out on Maldonado for a backup catcher role. Can they even afford Jay right now? Also, isn't there a rule about guys signing MLB deals not being able to be traded until a certain date?

Edited by soxfan2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I was reading that they missed out on Maldonado for a backup catcher role. Can they even afford Jay right now. Also, isn't there a rule about guys signing MLB deals not being able to be traded until a certain date?

But Cubs fans told me all offseason that they could easily afford Bryce Harper!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Boston has 3 catchers but will only go w 2.  Both Swihart (26) and Vazquez (28) have warts but so does McCann.  Swihart can also play OF and IB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pcq said:

Per Bruce Cubs are looking for a cf. Would they consider Jay. 

Package Jay and the $4 million dollars Hahn wasted on him with a reliever for Ian Happ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

I saw Boston has 3 catchers but will only go w 2.  Both Swihart (26) and Vazquez (28) have warts but so does McCann.  Swihart can also play OF and IB

Speculation was they are trying to move Leon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

He had a great spring. Sox might have gotten a steal claiming him from the Padres.

Ruiz>Machado/Tatis

Edited by Scoots
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the hard-throwing righties they have coming up for the pen, still shaking my head at how they prioritized Herrera and Colome this off-season.  Charlotte’s pen is going to be crazy, Birmingham figures to be stacked as well.

My guess is that Engel did not make the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Banuelos in the pen that means Santana is breaking with the club, they’re only going with 4 SP, or they’ll stack Covey/Banuelos as an opener for the 5th spot to start.

Edited by ChiSox59

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

With all the hard-throwing righties they have coming up for the pen, still shaking my head at how they prioritized Herrera and Colome this off-season.  Charlotte’s pen is going to be crazy, Birmingham figures to be stacked as well.

My guess is that Engel did not make the team.

I’m assuming they trade at least two of Colome, Herrera, & Jones before the deadline and possibly all three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChiSox59 said:

With Banuelos in the one that means Santana is breaking with the club, they’re only going with 4 SP, or they’ll stack Covey/Banuelos as an opener for the 5th spot to start.

They’re only going with four SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m assuming they trade at least two of Colome, Herrera, & Jones before the deadline and possibly all three.

Jones had a rough spring. Wonder if they held till July if his value would be higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahn said on broadcast that Rondon is on the team.

I think team will wait to put Santana on the roster until April 10th, delaying the final position player cut until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, ChiSox59 said:

They could just let Palka hack away at LHP as well.  Pretty much have to platoon Alonso though so he doesn't hit his vesting option.

RHP: Jay CF, Moncada 3B, Eloy LF, Abreu DH, Alonso 1B, Castillo C, Palka LF, Anderson SS, Sanchez 2B

LHP: Jay RF, Sanchez 2B, Eloy LF, Abreu 1B, Castillo C, Anderson SS, Moncada 2B, Palka/Rondon DH, Engel CF 

Jay in CF and Jay in against both RHP and LHP is an affront to Leury and the pitching staff.  Leury deserves mucho tiempo in the OF .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jake said:

Hahn said on broadcast that Rondon is on the team.

I think team will wait to put Santana on the roster until April 10th, delaying the final position player cut until then.

No, I think Covey is going to be the cut when Santana goes down. Banuelos is the long man after that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SCCWS said:

Jones had a rough spring. Wonder if they held till July if his value would be higher. 

Jones will likely be on the 60 day DL and shut down by July. Him and Herrera are going to contribute very little this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Jones will likely be on the 60 day DL and shut down by July. Him and Herrera are going to contribute very little this year. 

That is a reasonable take on Nate.  Herrera not so much.

By the way - do you have any single post out of your 171 that aren't blatantly negative?  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

yeah...this makes me happy.  Knew it was only a matter of time for him.  One of Hahn's better "under the radar" moves IMO.  Congrats Ryan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×