Thursday ST Games - Brewers A game Dodgers B game

bmags

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Luery was 15 feet off the bag when the 3B had the ball. All he had to do was look to his left and Garcia would have been dead to rights. 

You see it your way I see it mine. Most 3rd basemen whose momentum on the catch and throw was going towards onto the grass are not going to throw back towards 2nd base when they have a sure out at 1st. Too much can go wrong and you end up getting no one.

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You see it your way I see it mine. Most 3rd basemen whose momentum on the catch and throw was going towards onto the grass are not going to throw back towards 2nd base when they have a sure out at 1st. Too much can go wrong and you end up getting no one.

He was flat footed. He was not charging in on the ball. All it took was the 2B saying "Hey, underhand toss me the ball here at 2B because this runner is stranded in no-mans-land". It's the same stuff that Javy Baez gets credited with, being wrecklessly aggressive and lucking out.

EDIT: I went back and watched it. He was not flat-footed, but he did field the ball behind the 3B, with plenty of time to stop and turn to 2B. Doesn't really matter, he got away with it, but I didn't like the the broadcaster calling it great baserunning when it was not.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Delmonico might be hurt. He jumped in to the fence in LF to make a catch, dropped it because he sucks, but the gate opened as he hit it and he never got up. Inside the park HR. 

God rest his soul

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

He was flat footed. He was not charging in on the ball. All it took was the 2B saying "Hey, underhand toss me the ball here at 2B because this runner is stranded in no-mans-land". It's the same stuff that Javy Baez gets credited with, being wrecklessly aggressive and lucking out.

Underhand toss from the 3rd baseman to the 2nd basemen ? You definitely saw it differently. 3rd basemen came in to field it did the single or double crow hop to set up his throw. No infielder worth his salt throws flat footed . He was moving forward because thats what you do with the crow hop.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Underhand toss from the 3rd baseman to the 2nd basemen ? You definitely saw it differently. 3rd basemen came in to field it did the single or double crow hop to set up his throw. No infielder worth his salt throws flat footed . He was moving forward because thats what you do with the crow hop.

I was just kidding about the underhand toss, my point was that all it took was a routine throw to 2B once he looks over and see Garcia standing out there.

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I guess we will just have to disagree what the phrase "having 9 lives" means.

There have been players that could potentially have taken his spot in CF over the last 2 seasons and they always get hurt, most notably Leury and Tilson. That is why Engel won't die and that is why he's like a fucking cockroach. He sucks, and is nearly impossible to get rid of. Better analogy? 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

There have been players that could potentially have taken his spot in CF over the last 2 seasons and they always get hurt, most notably Leury and Tilson. That is why Engel won't die and that is why he's like a fucking cockroach. He sucks, and is nearly impossible to get rid of. Better analogy? 

You forgot Cordell as well.

1 hour ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Disagree. There are 0 people better in this org right now.

Leury.  Leury's WAR numbers have been good(and much better than Engel) considering his limited playing time. Even if you just look at his time playing center field he still is an overall much better rated player than Engel.

• Like 1

• bmags unpinned this topic