3/8 vs Angels, 2pm

flavum

18 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Why does Goins play every day?   He's a 30 year old failed prospect.  Madrigal didn't get as many at bats.   Laz Rivera gets three at bats, hits a home run, and then nothing.  Mitch Roman...they have interesting 2b prospects but no point in seeing them over Goins.  

Good questions, Im not sure how teams use players in spring training. I love Pavin Smith of the D Back and think is a terrific hitter only to find he is not even on the Sprint team for them.

Goins has the MLB track record and is closer to joining the MLB team?  Madrigal maybe can get more work preparing for the minor league season?

39 minutes ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

Why does Goins play every day?   He's a 30 year old failed prospect.  Madrigal didn't get as many at bats.   Laz Rivera gets three at bats, hits a home run, and then nothing.  Mitch Roman...they have interesting 2b prospects but no point in seeing them over Goins.  

Because Madrigal doesn't matter for this year.  He is getting his ABs with the MiLB guys.  It is the borderline guys they want to evaluate.  Rivera falls into the same camp.  It is spring training, not the regular season.

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic
54 minutes ago, flavum said:

Would Bañuelos clear waivers? Would we care?

Probably not. He's looked pretty good in 2 of his 3 starts. He's missing bats and getting Ks. I'd give him the long relief job over Covey. I'd rather he start over Santana but I doubt that's going to happen. He could potentially have more of a future with the Sox than Santana does, and in a season that doesn't matter, I don't know why the Sox wouldn't start with Banuelos in Chicago and Santana in Charlotte, as Santana signed an MiLB deal. If Banuelos sucks thru April, by all means cut him loose but at least see what you have first. It does them no good to trade for the guy and then waive him right away to give the spot to a veteran retread. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Engel triple, Jay RBI single, Rondon bunt single, wild pitch , Alonso 2 RBI single, Castillo double, Palka walk/wild pitch scoring a run, Mendick RBI single, Guyer sac bunts runners to 2nd and 3rd, 1 out, Goins walk, Engel 2nd AB of the inning  RBI single, Jay's 2nd AB of the inning ,wild pitch men on 2nd and 3rd, Jay RBI GO, Rondon 2nd AB of the inning, Fly out.

Sox put up the snowman. 8-1

• bmags unpinned this topic