3/8 vs Angels, 2pm

flavum

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Probably not. He's looked pretty good in 2 of his 3 starts. He's missing bats and getting Ks. I'd give him the long relief job over Covey. I'd rather he start over Santana but I doubt that's going to happen. He could potentially have more of a future with the Sox than Santana does, and in a season that doesn't matter, I don't know why the Sox wouldn't start with Banuelos in Chicago and Santana in Charlotte, as Santana signed an MiLB deal. If Banuelos sucks thru April, by all means cut him loose but at least see what you have first. It does them no good to trade for the guy and then waive him right away to give the spot to a veteran retread. 

Just use a six man to start the season.

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Probably not. He's looked pretty good in 2 of his 3 starts. He's missing bats and getting Ks. I'd give him the long relief job over Covey. I'd rather he start over Santana but I doubt that's going to happen. He could potentially have more of a future with the Sox than Santana does, and in a season that doesn't matter, I don't know why the Sox wouldn't start with Banuelos in Chicago and Santana in Charlotte, as Santana signed an MiLB deal. If Banuelos sucks thru April, by all means cut him loose but at least see what you have first. It does them no good to trade for the guy and then waive him right away to give the spot to a veteran retread. 

Santana won't be ready. Book it. 

17 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Lambert time.

Said it a couple weeks back, but Lambert will be the White Sox biggest prospect surprise this year. I love the way he has completely changed his repertoire and his approach the past 12 months. His use of the high fastball has completely changed the view of his breaking pitches. Lambert is looking like a MLB Starter to me the past 12 months.

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

I hope MLB Network doesn’t cut Lambert’s innings tomorrow morning. I’d like to see this. Unfortunately they’re going to cut a couple innings for time.

Defense did just fuck him and he got squared up for a homer, but his stuff will play up I think and he should have had about a 9 pitch 3 up 3 down inning there.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Said it a couple weeks back, but Lambert will be the White Sox biggest prospect surprise this year. I love the way he has completely changed his repertoire and his approach the past 12 months. His use of the high fastball has completely changed the view of his breaking pitches. Lambert is looking like a MLB Starter to me the past 12 months.

Hey it's spring training I'll believe anything . He must be in the best shape of his life.  

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

Hey it's spring training I'll believe anything . He must be in the best shape of his life.  

Not sure what this means. His change showed and started at the beginning of last year. Lambert didnt generate swings an misses in 2017 despite having above average stuff. He lived down in the zone with everything. 

Last year they made a dramatic change to his approach and his stuff now plays up to where it should. He was very good last year and looks even better (stuff wise) out of the gate this year. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

16 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Defense did just fuck him and he got squared up for a homer, but his stuff will play up I think and he should have had about a 9 pitch 3 up 3 down inning there.

Thanks for the update. Angels scoring probably does mean it’ll be on tomorrow morning, so that’s ok.

14-7, Sox.  (Football score joke)

Just now, flavum said:

Thanks for the update. Angels scoring probably does mean it’ll be on tomorrow morning, so that’s ok.

14-7, Sox.  (Football score joke)

Yeah, routine ball booted to extend the inning but nothing earned and he would have had another efficient and dominant 3 up 3 down. 

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, routine ball booted to extend the inning but nothing earned and he would have had another efficient and dominant 3 up 3 down. 

He seems rail thin. He might need 10-15 lb

Just watched the replay. Man, Lambert looks solid. He was in or around the zone with everything. He didn't seem to have any crazy "stuff" but he was pumping strikes. I couldn't tell was his velo was because there was no gun, but if he's sitting 93-96, he has a chance to be a very reliable arm. 

It's funny, the Angels broadcast mentioned how consistent and solid he was throwing and said, "You know, he reminds me of a pitcher that used to pitch for the White Sox named...." and then I instantly said "Jon Garland", almost exactly as soon as their broadcaster evoked the same name.

It also helps that I was timing Lambert between pitches and on pitches where the batter took the pitch, he was about 11 seconds between pitches. And even when the hitter had swung, he was about 13-15 seconds between pitches. It was very nice to see him work so fast.

4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Just watched the replay. Man, Lambert looks solid. He was in or around the zone with everything. He didn't seem to have any crazy "stuff" but he was pumping strikes. I couldn't tell was his velo was because there was no gun, but if he's sitting 93-96, he has a chance to be a very reliable arm. 

Sounds like a right handed version of Bernardo Flores. I love pitchers like that. 

14 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Not sure what this means. His change showed and started at the beginning of last year. Lambert didnt generate swings an misses in 2017 despite having above average stuff. He lived down in the zone with everything. 

Last year they made a dramatic change to his approach and his stuff now plays up to where it should. He was very good last year and looks even better (stuff wise) out of the gate this year. 

It doesn't mean anything. He could make the team but I saw a pic referring to him as Adam Lambert and wondered for a sec if he had two names. 

41 minutes ago, pcq said:

It doesn't mean anything. He could make the team but I saw a pic referring to him as Adam Lambert and wondered for a sec if he had two names. 

His younger brother Peter is #3 prospect for Rockies.

• bmags unpinned this topic