The evolution of modern scouting

southsider2k5

It has been a really interesting series.

Some white sox specific notes is you can see the sox doubled their scouting since 2009 and are in equal footing with most.

Sox have also appeared to be influenced in the draft by trackman universities, and you have to wonder if part of their heavy tilt toward college players during hostetler is perhaps because of maybe overemphasizing those data points when available over none at all.

Also really good stuff on university of missouri, who compete in the SEC with big disadvantage due to weather (though nashville not insanely different). But to counter it have really leaned into tech under Bieser, and there is a white sox angle there as Matt Lisle was a short lived Mizzou hire before being poached by the White Sox this offseason.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:53 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

I swear I’ve seen the Sox claim they have one of the largest scouting staffs in baseball and that chart shows them slightly below average as of this year.

I’d like a new job... surely I can do as good or better than what they’ve produced thus far.

Manny, is that you?