3/10 vs A's, 3pm, whitesox.com

flavum

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

You think Delmonico opens the season in LF?

No, I think he gets optioned at the end of spring training.

I expect Palka, Engel, & Jay from left to right against RHP.  I’m assuming Guyer goes in for Palka against LHP.  Leury will probably take some at-bats away from Engel against LHP, but not expecting a straight platoon there.

33 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

A little of both.

I think the Dodgers are still sorting some stuff out but will ultimately decide they just won't have the AB's for Pederson so he'll be more valuable as a trade piece.

Just depends on the price.  I was all for it when I thought we were getting Machado but it makes less sense now without out him.  That being said, if we have any plans on competing in 2020, we’ll need at least one stop solution in the OF.  If I can get him for Fulmer & Bummer, I do that in a heartbeat but admittedly I think Carson is basically a bust at this point.

Agreed.  I'm not a big Pederson guy either but he does fit well on this team.  They desperately need a left handed hitting corner OF who can put together a professional AB (that Harper fella would have worked out too).  They have depth in LH relievers and I think Fulmer needs a change of scenery.  As long as the 3rd piece is not Bryce Bush I'm all for it. 

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I am a Giolito fan and supporter, but damn it!!  Could he please, one time, get through a 1st inning without giving up a run or two. I am starting to lose faith. 

It is incredibly frustrating watching him in the 1st inning. A lot of the time it is just that 3rd out in the 1st that he has trouble with. He'll get the 1st 2 in order and then a couple of bloops and a blast and it is 3-0.  I want to continue supporting the guy because he looks the part with his stuff, but he just struggles so hard in the first 2 innings. 

Edited by Jack Parkman