Have we hit bottom?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Browns are more relevant than most teams right now. They are one of the most talked about franchises in the NFL over the last year with the number of splashy moves they’ve made. 

It just goes to show you that there is hope for the future when you put someone in charge who actually knows what they're doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• “The Reds’ offseason additions of Sonny GrayAlex WoodTanner RoarkYasiel Puig and Matt Kemp were a welcome departure from what has become standard operating procedure for many noncompetitive teams in recent seasons, opines Joel Sherman of the New York Post. While many teams have followed the Astros’ model of aggressively tanking to stockpile draft picks and international bonus resources, the Reds at least positioned themselves to have a chance in the division, even if few would peg them as any sort of favorite. “For the first time in a long time we added multiple well-known major league players to this team in an offseason,” president of baseball operations Dick Williams tells Sherman. “That clearly has people’s imaginations going. That is part of the fun. … Just to be able to ponder the possible and the excitement is a huge psychological benefit to our fans.” Even if the moves ultimately fail to yield dividends, several of the newly acquired assets (namely Wood, Roark and Puig) could hold value on the summer trade market, and the Reds didn’t sacrifice any of the organization’s very top prospects in order to take a shot at improved results in 2019.”

I think wins-wise, 62 last season is the bottom.  Whether the rebuild will actually produce what it is supposed to produce remains to be seen. Obviously, not getting Machado or Harper was a big blow, but Sox fans are used to not landing that type of player. Just remember, KW took over a 94 win team, one of the youngest in baseball, with a farm system ranked #1, and couldn't build a sustained winner. I don't know why anyone thinks this is going to be way different. They need more talent, and not taking the final step trying to get the biggest of those talents in their prime years is something that is going to hang over these dopes if they don't build a consistent winner.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I think wins-wise, 62 last season is the bottom.  Whether the rebuild will actually produce what it is supposed to produce remains to be seen. Obviously, not getting Machado or Harper was a big blow, but Sox fans are used to not landing that type of player. Just remember, KW took over a 94 win team, one of the youngest in baseball, with a farm system ranked #1, and couldn't build a sustained winner. I don't know why anyone thinks this is going to be way different. They need more talent, and not taking the final step trying to get the biggest of those talents in their prime years is something that is going to hang over these dopes if they don't build a consistent winner.

We need a new owner that would come in here and clean house in the front office immediately, honestly. 

Edited by soxfan2014

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Not defending KW, but the White Sox average record of 87-75 during his first 6 years as GM would qualify as a modest version of sustained success. It culminated in a World Series win and under today’s playoff format would have resulted in back to back playoff appearances in 2005 and 2006 and then another in 2008. I’d certainly take that same 2001-2008 stretch over the next 8 years and call it a big win.

4 hours ago, soxfan2014 said:

The quality of this board improves greatly when you ignore certain users lol

So put me on ignore.  Very simple.  Maybe you’re not interested in how an owner deciding not to interfere (finally) with his front office personnel and let them handle running the player evaluation and development has worked wonders for the Cleveland Browns, but 2-3 posters brought it up previously and argued they were much more relevant that the Sox.  Maybe you dont follow the sport, know who Odell Beckham is, frankly, no idea.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243093/grading-odell-beckham-jr-trade-giants-browns-won

The NY Football Giants have already somehow outdone the Sox in worst offseason, ever.

At any rate, I seem to recall page after page in one of the baseball threads analyzing the Bulls, for example.  Life is too short to care about such little, insignificant things.

There’s an ignore button for a reason.

If you’re just going for cheap shots to get more likes on your board scorecard, I feel bad for you, but stalking posters from thread to thread and making personal attacks over and over again doesn’t contribute much.  The board has already lost a lot of contributors since the Machado/Harper debacles.

For example, I don’t have any recollection for what your plan is to get us out of this mess.  Which free agents would you target next year?   Maybe take an interesting/debate worthy position or two...

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

So put me on ignore.  Very simple.  Maybe you’re not interested in how an owner deciding not to interfere (finally) with his front office personnel and let them handle running the player evaluation and development has worked wonders for the Cleveland Browns, but 2-3 posters brought it up previously and argued they were much more relevant that the Sox.  Maybe you dont follow the sport, know who Odell Beckham is, frankly, no idea.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243093/grading-odell-beckham-jr-trade-giants-browns-won

The NY Football Giants have already somehow outdone the Sox in worst offseason, ever.

At any rate, I seem to recall page after page in one of the baseball threads analyzing the Bulls, for example.  Life is too short to care about such little, insignificant things.

There’s an ignore button for a reason.

If you’re just going for cheap shots to get more likes on your board scorecard, I feel bad for you, but stalking posters from thread to thread and making personal attacks over and over again doesn’t contribute much.  The board has already lost a lot of contributors since the Machado/Harper debacles.

For example, I don’t have any recollection for what your plan is to get us out of this mess.  Which free agents would you target next year?   Maybe take an interesting/debate worthy position or two...

I would never ignore caulfield. He is one of my idols.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 7:14 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There's got to be a morning after
If we can hold on through the night
We have a chance to find the sunshine
Let's keep on looking for the light

Oh, can't you see the morning after?
It's waiting right outside the storm
Why don't we cross the bridge together
And find a place that's safe and warm?

It's not too late, we should be giving
Only with love can we climb
It's not too late, not while we're living
Let's put our hands out in time

There's got to be a morning after
We're moving closer to the shore
I know we'll be there by tomorrow
And we'll escape the darkness
We won't be searching any more.

Come on up for the rising
Come on up, lay your hands in mine
Come on up for the rising
Come on up for the rising tonight

7 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Now you look at threads like these while (all SSS) Rodon and Giolito are looking good, Moncada is blossoming, Collins and Robert have 2 home runs each in their debuts, and things don't seem so bad 

Can't see nothin' in front of me
Can't see nothin' coming up behind
Make my way through this darkness
I can't feel nothing but this chain that binds me
Lost track of how far I've gone
How far I've gone, how high I've climbed

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

Now you look at threads like these while (all SSS) Rodon and Giolito are looking good, Moncada is blossoming, Collins and Robert have 2 home runs each in their debuts, and things don't seem so bad 

This is obviously quite a high right now, but this is what happens in a rebuild.  At some point, all that talent starts to shine.  Sure, some may bust but left and right things are looking up.  

17 hours ago, AustinIllini said:

This is obviously quite a high right now, but this is what happens in a rebuild.  At some point, all that talent starts to shine.  Sure, some may bust but left and right things are looking up.  

I believe this will be a very interesting season.  Every month or so a new toy will appear on the field.  "Strap it down."

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Many thought the 2018 season was rock bottom for this rebuild, then the 2018-2019 offseason happened. I think we’ve hit rock bottom and things start looking up from here.

What do you think? Do you agree or do you think worse times are still ahead?

Find 2 starters and bring up Collins and hide Alonso & Castillo somewhere under the bench.  Happy times are here again.

Just now, Eloy Jiménez said:

This thread is fun to look back at.

This team is so much more fun to watch than any of the previous 5

Yep, I'm having a good time watching White Sox Baseball this year.  It's much easier to watch a young core figure it out than a bunch of old shitty vets be mediocre to bad.