Have we hit bottom?

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

15 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yep, I'm having a good time watching White Sox Baseball this year.  It's much easier to watch a young core figure it out than a bunch of old shitty vets be mediocre to bad.

Hell yea.  And I wouldn’t worry about Alonso.   The FO knows he sucks.  I imagine the plan was always for him to keep a seat hot for Collins.  

12 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

Hell yea.  And I wouldn’t worry about Alonso.   The FO knows he sucks.  I imagine the plan was always for him to keep a seat hot for Collins.  

Collins will probably be the next shiny new thing we get to look at.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If that’s legit, then wow is all I can say.

Imagine sitting through that game...and THEN adding insult to injury.

I was at a game they lost like 21-2 or something like that against the Twins a decade or so ago, and that was just something you had to laugh about...knowing the best of Freddy Garcia's days were long behind him.  If memory serves correctly, it was the very first time we were going after Jake Peavy and he turned the trade down.

Not sure what to call today's game...other than embarrassing.

But you would think the White Sox would 1) just throw out the cards, and figure out a better way to appease the sponsor, who will probably be receiving complaints that they have nothing to do with, or 2) send them onto Colorado, or 3) send them all on to Manny Machado as a good-natured prank.   Then again, #3 is something a person officially connnected to the team could never do, because it would be hilarious but "lacking in professionalism" or whatever.

Or just send them to the Padres or Indians, where fans would be more appreciative...anywhere but Chicago.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Yeah they gave out little card packs at the end.  I got Colome, Tim, Gio, and Eloy so I'll take it

So he was together with other players...in a pack, and you randomly ended up with an Alonso card if you were unlucky?

4 cards per pack, and I guess some of the mystery packs had an autograph (like 1 out of 100 or 200)?

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

So he was together with other players...in a pack, and you randomly ended up with an Alonso card if you were unlucky?

4 cards per pack, and I guess some of the mystery packs had an autograph (like 1 out of 100 or 200)?

Im not sure if any had autographs or not.  I got 4 cards in a cellophane wrapper when I left.