2019 MLB Catch All thread

southsider2k5

Francona is such a stud. After Bauer's meltdown in which he threw the ball from the mound over the center field fence Sunday, Francona was caught screaming "what the fxxk is wrong with you?' And he pointed to the dugout for Bauer to get the hell off the mound. I always liked Francona. Wish he was our skipper. Maybe he'd kick some bleep with all this losing.

Good article on Cruz and age. Question: If all of a sudden it was announced we'd have Cruz as our DH next season would you be happy or upset? The implication is from 39 to 40 he's going to completely forget how to hit. Interesting. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/nelson-cruz-late-career-power-nearly-unmatched-in-history

I didn't realize it was this bad. Was watching Sports Center for first time in a while and virtually all the highlights are home runs. Why not just play home run derby. Laugh if you must but I bet you MLB could start a home run derby league and hold it all winter in warm weather cities and it'd be hugely popular. Just like NBA 3 on 3 league; TBT and all that, MLB should add a home run derby league. It's all anybody cares about it seems.

15 hours ago, greg775 said:

I didn't realize it was this bad. Was watching Sports Center for first time in a while and virtually all the highlights are home runs. Why not just play home run derby. Laugh if you must but I bet you MLB could start a home run derby league and hold it all winter in warm weather cities and it'd be hugely popular. Just like NBA 3 on 3 league; TBT and all that, MLB should add a home run derby league. It's all anybody cares about it seems.

That's why some believe Madrigal is a wasted pick.   It's always been that way in baseball.  You will also see clips of defensive plays or a pitcher who Ks twelve.